Apple Fritter Cake is moist and bursting with flavor. It’s sweet, buttery and filled with caramel apples and cinnamon. Top it off with a sugary glaze and you have a cake that tastes just like an apple fritter!
Apple Fritter Cake
If you love apple desserts just as much as I do then brace yourself for this cake. This cake packs all the flavor of homemade apple fritters in each bite. It’s moist, fluffy, and delicious!
This cake is very simple to prepare, a basic batter is layered between a luscious filling of cinnamon and sautéed apples.
While the cake is still warm, I poured a glaze over the cake. If you pour it on while the cake is warm it will seep down into the cake just like the glaze on fried apple fritters does.
I love a gooey cake and this cake was perfect!
Ingredients for your Apple Fritter Cake
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it as well as help the planet. 😍
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sour cream
- powdered sugar
Pink Lady and Granny Smith apples are the best for baking. However, but you can choose any kind of apple that you like as long as it has a firm texture and a good bit of acidity.
What I used to make this cake
Store it in an airtight container on the counter for 5 to 6 days or in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
Yes, it freezes very well. You can freeze the whole cake or freeze it in individual slices. Either way wrap the cake in plastic wrap then foil.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
You may also enjoy my Pound Cake Series
- Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake
- Strawberry & Cream Pound Cake
- Delicious Strawberry Cream Cake
- Strawberry Pound Cake
- Strawberry Buttermilk Pound Cake
Apple Fritter Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sift the dry ingredients together then add alternately with sour cream (or buttermilk) to sugar and butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean or with dry crumbs on it.
- While cake is baking, mix glaze ingredients together. Whisk until completely smooth. When cake is done, immediately pour glaze over hot cake. Allow the glaze to set before cutting the cake.