Strawberry Pound Cake will blow you away! It’s luscious, velvety, rich, and buttery. One taste and you’ll be hooked on this Southern classic.
Read on for my easy guide and tips to making the Southern classic Pound Cake from scratch.
I quite literally would just bake desserts if I could get away with it! I can hear my husband claiming that’s all I do anyway! Eh, I throw enough chicken and steak in to keep me out of trouble with them! I enjoy making and eating desserts that much. As I’ve mentioned before, my favorite dessert to make is a Pound Cake, any Pound Cake. I’ve experimented with many, many different pound cake recipes.
Strawberry Pound Cake
The batter for a pound cake should be thick and velvety. The outside of forms a crisp coating, while the inside remains buttery with a fine texture.
Traditionally, a pound cake recipe uses a pound each of butter, flour, eggs and sugar. Notice the eggs are the only leavening agent in a traditional pound cake. This gives it a fine crumb. A lot of pound cake recipes today call for baking powder as well as eggs, as does this one. I simply wanted to give it a little more lift.
Strawberry Pound Cake
As with any cake here’s your method for mixing (detailed instructions and measurements for Strawberry Pound Cake are further down the page)
- Combine the dry ingredients
- Cream your butter (or other fat) and sugar
- Add eggs to your butter/sugar mixture and whip. I like to add and beat one egg at a time. After all the eggs are added to the butter/sugar mixture, whisk/mix them until the color lightens. The color will lighten as more air is incorporated.
- Add your liquid, usually milk, cream or half and half
- Add dry ingredients and liquid ingredients alternately to creamed mixture. You’ll want to begin and end with the flour.
- Beat until all is combined and velvety smooth
- Add flavorings such as vanilla or almond and mix well
- Pour into a well greased and floured bundt or loaf pan. I typically use a bundt pan for pound cakes
- Bake – thick pound cakes typically takes at minimum an hour to bake
- Cool 20 to 30 minutes before inverting on a tray. You’ll have much better luck with it not breaking if you let it cool slightly.
Dust simply with confectioners’ sugar or serve with whipped cream allows the buttery flavor to stand out creating a party-in-your-mouth sensation!
In step one below, this is the link to the Strawberry Sauce.
Strawberry Pound Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter no substitute
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour sifted then measured
- 3/4 cup half and half whole milk or heavy cream can be used
- 1 cup strawberry sauce recipe here
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla yes, tablespoon
- Prepare Strawberry Sauce and allow to cool.
- Prepare bundt pan with shortening and flour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, add flour and baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs on at a time to butter and sugar mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture with half and half to cream mixture alternating, beginning and ending with flour.
- Add vanilla and cooled strawberry sauce and beat well.
- Pour batter into bundt pan
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack 20 minutes before inverting on a serving dish.
What adjustments are needed to make it in a 9×5 loaf pan? Thank you!
Karen C says
Hi, am I missing something? What are the ingredients and recipe for the strawberry sauce? I also love pound cakes! Always a favorite! Thanks for leading me in direction for strawberry sauce! Looking forward to making this.
Hey Karen, you didn’t overlook it, the link must have gone away when I did some work on my site recently. Thanks for messaging me. Here is the recipe for the Strawberry Sauce that you mix into the cake> https://www.callmepmc.com/2013/05/fresh-strawberry-sauce-call-me-pmc/
I just made the Strawberry Pound Cake…….Wow !!!! Follow the recipe and you can’t go wrong, again…WOW
I just made Strawberry Pound Cake…
Wow this cake is rich not to sweet, again wow!
Nicolai @ Instphil says
How fun is this!! I didn’t know IDEA did anything like this, and I ADORE that place. Almost as much as this cake! Strawberries? I am in. Pinned! Thank for sharing
This pound cake sounds like perfection! So pretty too! 🙂
Thank you Jocelyn!
Mallory @ Chocolate with Grace says
So pretty and perfect for summer!
Laura Dembowski says
Love that you added strawberry sauce to this cake. I bet it would be great with more drizzled on top!
Ahh, I should have thought of that, Laura!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
What a gorgeous cake!
Beth @ The First Year says
Paula, my mouth is watering! I can imagine serving this pound cake with homemade whip cream!
I had to give it to friends so I’d stop eating it, Beth! Pound cake is my favorite!