Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake recipe (Real Fruit, No Jello, or Kool-Aid)is a delightful strawberry pound cake made with condensed fresh strawberries. It’s luscious and soft, yet not too sweet, and bursting with fresh strawberry flavor.
This from-scratch Strawberry Pound Cake is totally homemade it has fresh strawberries and it is the perfect spring dessert!
FRESH STRAWBERRY POUND CAKE
If you follow me on Facebook, you know how much I like Strawberry Cake. You also know how much I enjoy making pound cakes. I’ve been wanting to make a Strawberry Pound Cake for a while for my pound cake series. And, now, here it is Real Fruit Strawberry Buttermilk Pound Cake.
It was important to me to flavor my Strawberry Pound Cake with real fruit. You can find several Strawberry Pound Cake recipes online that contain strawberry gelatin or strawberry kool-aid. Globally, gelatin and ‘kool-aid’ aren’t available. Plus, I wanted to use real ingredients. Taking a tip from Sally, I reduced and condensed fresh strawberries for my cake.
HOW TO MAKE FRESH STRAWBERRY POUND CAKE
Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake has a nice strawberry flavor within the cake itself. It’s not a plain cake with strawberry chunks. It’s wonderful!😍
Just like a traditional pound cake, my Real Fruit Strawberry Pound Cake is dense and luscious with a small crumb. As well, the outside has that wonderful crunchy crust that you just want to keep eating and eating.
However, while being like a traditional pound cake in those regards, this cake stands out because of the wonderful, fresh strawberry flavor. It has the perfect taste and texture.
Served warm with homemade whipped cream is out of this world! If you have a strawberry lover in your life, this is the cake to make for them.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Amaretto Peach Upside Down Pound Cake
- Key Lime Coconut Marbled Pound Cake
- Easy Strawberry Cake
- Old Fashioned Blue Ribbon Pound Cake
- Whipping Cream Pound Cake
- Chocolate Frosting with Cocoa Powder and Powdered Sugar
- Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Crock Pot Crack Hash Brown Potatoes
- Dark Chocolate Brown Sugar Cookies
- Million Dollar Pound Cake
- Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
Shop this post
- I use this 10-inch tube pan for this cake.
- This is my favorite mixer.
- You’ll find a ton of uses for this mini-food processor. Or, you can blend the strawberries in a blender.
WHAT ARE THE BEST TIPS FOR SUCCESS FOR FRESH STRAWBERRY POUND CAKE?
- First of all, use room temperature ingredients. Set the butter, eggs, and milk products on the counter 1 to 2 hours before mixing. This will allow for maximum volume in your cake.
- Next, measure your ingredients and arrange them in the order they will be added to the recipe. You’re less likely to skip a step or measure incorrectly if you’ll do it this way.
- Calibrate your oven. You can do everything else right, but if your oven is cooking at the temperature it shows on the dial, your cake will not cook correctly. Please read this post I wrote on How to Calibrate your Oven.
- As well, measure accurately. It is very important to measure your ingredients accurately. Maybe you think you have been measuring correctly but your cake still isn’t coming out correctly. Read this post, Twix Bars Sweet Rolls on How to Correctly Measure Flour.
- Finally, read this article for all my best tips on How to Bake the Perfect Pound Cake
Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour sifted (do not use self-rising flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 4 - 5 drops red food coloring *if desired
For the strawberries
- Wash the strawberries, remove stems, and puree in a food processor.
- In a saucepan on low heat, reduce strawberry puree until thick. You will have about 1/2 cup.
- Cool strawberry puree.
For the cake
- Cream shortening until fluffy.
- Add sugar to shortening and mix until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs to the mixture, one at a time. Wait until one is combined in the mixture before adding the next egg.
- Add soda to buttermilk. Stir.
- Add salt to flour and sift.
- Add flour and buttermilk to shortening mixture, beginning and ending with flour. (Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, 1/2 milk, 1/3 flour, 1/2 milk, 1/3 flour)
- Spoon into prepared tube pan
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 80 to 90 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in thickest part of cake comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Cool cake in cake pan on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- With a thin knife, loosen cake from pan. Invert on serving platter and cool. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream