Fresh, colorful, and vibrant, Southwestern Salad with Green Chile Lime Salad Dressing has an incredible, bold flavor. It’s the perfect salad to serve for Taco Tuesday!
This hearty Texas-size salad is loaded with corn, black beans, avocado, red bell pepper then enhanced with a creamy green chile and lime dressing! (Note: For photo purposes, I didn’t put the dressing on the salad.)
This recipe pairs beautifully with burgers especially my Enchilada Burger Recipe, hotdogs, and Orange & Jalapeno Marinated Grilled Flat Iron Steak.
Southwestern Salad with Green Chile Lime Salad Dressing
Just like for any non-baking recipe, especially a salad, you can add or omit any ingredient. Therefore, if you don’t like red bell peppers, leave them out or substitute yellow bell peppers for example.
While we’re talking about additions and substitutions, you can add chicken to this for more protein. This recipe is a great way to use leftover chicken.
When I add red onions to almost any recipe, I almost always use Pickled Red Onions. Pickled onions still have the crunch, but the strong, tart flavor is replaced with a more mellow flavor that I much prefer (especially in a salad).
You can add more crunch with tortilla strips or broken tortilla chips.
Furthermore, I recommend making the salad dressing a few hours before you plan to serve the salad. This way the flavors have a chance to blend. Therefore, the dressing will be much, much better!
Moe’s Chipotle Ranch Dressing is another option for the salad dressing.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Favorite Fruit Salad
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad
- Pina Colada Ambrosia Salad
- Fruit Salad Basket
- Grape Salad
- Sweet and Sour Citrus Salad
- Best Cobb Salad with Buttermilk Garlic Dressing
- Loaded Keto Avocado Bacon Chicken Salad
I updated this post from an earlier version. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Green Chile Lime Salad Dressing
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ medium jalapeno diced fine
- 2 Tablespoon green Chile minced, juice included
- ½ medium lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium shallot minced fine
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce chopped or torn into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup corn canned shoepeg or whole kernel, drained
- ½ cup black beans drained
- 1 medium avocado cut into chunks
- ¼ cup tomato peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons red bell pepper diced or sliced
- 1 Tablespoon red onion diced or sliced
- 1 teaspoon green onion green parts only, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno diced
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled, *optional
- ½ cup grilled chicken chopped, *optional
- Mix all ingredients together, stir until smooth. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours to let flavors marry. Serve over Southwestern Salad
- Layer all in a large bowl beginning with lettuce. Drizzle salad dressing over top and serve immediately.