Southwestern Salad with Green Chile Lime Salad Dressing – this saladrecipe is so good and a great way to use leftover chicken
It was one of those clean out your refrigerator type days!
I had intended it to be a ‘meatless Monday’ but we had leftover grilled chicken.
I know Big Daddy was thinking, “Hallelujah!”
The salad is simple, even if you only cook Hamburger Helper you can throw this together.
The Green Chile Lime Dressing is the star of this salad.
Actually, I can eat it as a dip. It’s that good.
By the way, have you ever tried a very random food combination,
like, dipping corn chips in ricotta cheese? No?
It’s actually not as bad as it sounds…..er, I mean,
Just try this salad dressing!
Green Chile Lime Salad Dressing
- 1 c sour cream
- 1/2 jalapeno diced fine
- 2 T green Chile minced, juice included
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 T fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 shallot minced fine
- 3 T mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- amounts are for one large salad
- 3 c Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 c ?shoe peg corn drained
- 1/2 c black beans drained
- 1/2 c grilled chicken chopped
- 1/4 c tomato peeled and diced
- 2 T red bell pepper diced
- 1 T red onion diced
- 1 tsp green onion green parts only, sliced
- 1 T jalapeno diced
- 1/4 c feta cheese crumbled
- DRESSING: Mix all ingredients together, stir until smooth. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours to let flavors marry. Serve over Southwestern Salad
- SALAD: Layer all in a large bowl beginning with lettuce. Drizzle salad dressing over top and serve immediately.
Check out this great meal plan
You may like these salads