Strawberry Danish with Cake Mix recipe quick and easy dessert or breakfast that is perfect for any occasion or no occasion at all.
Fresh strawberries, jam, and sweetened cream cheese (optional) is baked between a cake mix crust. It’s easy to make and your family will love it.
This recipe is easy to make even on a weekday or night. It really makes a great treat for brunch or with coffee for an afternoon snack.
Traditional Danish Pastry has a sweet yeast dough with layers of butter similar to puff pastry that you can purchase in stores. The dough is rolled out thinly. It’s then covered with thin slices of butter between the layers of dough, and then the dough is folded and rolled several times to create layers. (I doubt I’ll ever attempt to make a true laminate dough, puff pastry, or crescent roll dough!) Finally, it’s filled with jam or curd and baked.
STRAWBERRY DANISH WITH CAKE MIX
My recipe uses a cake mix that makes a quick and easy crust. As well, I make it into bars in a cake pan so there’s no rolling, shaping, and waiting to proof. A cake mix crust is buttery, crumbly, crispy, and ready in less than an hour which is vastly quicker than traditional pastry.
I mix cake mix, butter, and an egg together. Once combined, press it into the bottom of a baking pan and bake it for 10 minutes. This sets the crust and allows the bottom crust to bake through.
Next, mix mashed, fresh strawberries and jam together and spread them on the crust. Sweeten your cream cheese and spread over the strawberry layer. Finally, top with crumbles of the same crust mixture and bake. It’s just that easy!
STRAWBERRY DANISH OPTIONS
- First, you can use any fresh fruit and jam combination.
- You can also omit the cream cheese layer if you choose.
- As well, if you’re not a fruit lover, you can omit the fruit and just add the cream cheese mixture.
YOU’LL ENJOY THESE EASY RECIPES TOO!
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- Three Ingredient Fresh Peach Hand Pies
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
- Baked Cranberry Brie Bites
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
- Chocolate Cobbler
- Pumpkin Texas Sheet Cake
- Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version dated October 4, 2012. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried these cookies? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
STRAWBERRY DANISH WITH CAKE MIX
- 1 15.25 ounce box cake mix white or yellow
- ⅓ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup strawberries mashed
- ½ cup strawberry preserves
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature, optional
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Press the remaining crumbs in the bottom of the cake pan. Bake for 10 minutes
- Combine strawberries and preserves and stir.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar with a mixer; mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spread strawberry mixture over partially cooked crust. Next spread cream cheese mixture over strawberries. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over top. Bake 25 minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.