These Baked Cranberry Brie Bites are super easy to make using crescent roll dough and are simple to put together. With just three ingredients, they can be ready for guests in minutes! The tangy cranberries mixed with the buttery crescent pastry and creamy brie make for a satisfying bite.
SIMPLE, EASY, AND ELEGANT
This is such an easy appetizer to make but looks impressive! As well, it tastes fabulous served both warm or at room temperature.
Furthermore, you can assemble these in advance and bake them when your guests arrive for a warm and delicious appetizer. As well, you can make these a few hours ahead of time and once cooled store them in an airtight container.
Finally, if you make them a day before, you need to refrigerate them. You can warm them in the oven watch that they don’t get too brown.
BAKED CRANBERRY BRIE BITES TIPS
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough. It’s much easier.
- I used dried cranberries soaked in a little orange liqueur. As well, you can soak them in amaretto or rum.
- You can use pepper jelly, fig jam, blackberry preserves, apricot preserves, or mango chutney instead of cranberries.
- Put the brie in the freezer for about 30 minutes t to make it easier to cut in chunks.
- If you don’t have brie or don’t want to purchase brie (it can be expensive), you can use cream cheese.
- Some people don’t like fresh rosemary. You can use thyme or dried rosemary or omit it.
- Furthermore, it’s appropriate to leave the brie rind on or remove it. It’s up to you!
HOW TO MAKE BAKED CRANBERRY BRIE BITES
- First, soak the cranberries for about an hour in Cointreau, which is an orange liqueur.
- Next, roll out the dough and cut it into 12 equal squares. You can probably get 15 squares if you want less dough per appetizer.
- Press the dough into a mini muffin tin. This Tart Tamper is ideal and makes this part super easy.
- Next, add a generous portion of brie cheese to the pastry.
- Top with cranberries (and pecans if you want) then drizzle honey over the top.
- Finally, bake, serve, and enjoy!
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
This appetizer is one of my favorites. It takes just minutes to make and screams the party! As well, I updated this post from an earlier version dated February 25, 2013. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES
- Sausage Rotel
- Whipped Feta with Blistered Tomatoes
- Chile Cheese Dip
- White Queso
- Captain Rodney’s Dip
- Green Chile Cheddar Dip
- Cheesy Sausage Dip
Baked Cranberry Brie Bites
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 12 phyllo cups appetizer size
- 2 ounces brie cubed
- 4 Tablespoons cranberries dried
- 2 Tablespoons Cointreau
- 4 Tablespoons pecans toasted
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- Pour Cointreau over cranberries in a small bowl and allow to sit about an hour to re-hydrate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a small saucepan on medium and toast pecans until lightly browned a fragrant. Spray mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Even though the phyllo cups are already formed and cooked, I like to place them in a muffin tin so they don't slide around. Put a cube of brie in each cup. Top with about 1/2 tsp each of the cranberries, pecans, and honey.
- Bake until the cheese is melted about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
You can also find great recipes at Recipe Index or at Weekend Potluck
Stephanie Miller says
These look so delicious! I am saving the recipe to serve the next time we have company! Thanks!
Paula, these are absolutely gorgeous! I love your photos! I seriously want to grab one of those right off my computer screen and gobble it down. Can’t wait to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing it!
Yum!! This is one of my favorite appetizers to serve. So easy, but people think it is so fancy!
Love the brie and cranberry combo, so yummy!
Looks absolutely delicious!!
I love brie. Can't wait to try these!!
Kathie SassyLittleLady says
Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! It is up today on my blog! Have a great day!