Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies are super fudgy, moist, and slathered with a thick layer of chocolate cream cheese frosting. They are pure perfection.
Nothing beats a classic chocolate brownie! In my opinion, they are the ultimate sweet treat. And, the bonus is they’re just so simple to make!
These brownies are rich, fudgy, and takes just one bowl to stir them together in. I topped them with a chocolate cream cheese frosting that’s just as quick and easy to prepare.
CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTED BROWNIES
These brownies are the perfect thickness when made in a 9×13-inch pan. Because they’re so rich, you can cut them into smaller squares and serve a lot of people. Or, if you’re like me the bigger the dessert the better! 😉
I topped these brownies with chocolate cream cheese frosting. Whenever you use cream cheese it’s best to have it at room temperature. It mixes so much easier and better. This frosting recipe makes a good amount, you can half it or omit the frosting altogether.
As well, you could frost the brownies with this recipe Chocolate Frosting with Cocoa Powder and Powdered Sugar.
CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTED BROWNIE ADD-INS
- You can mix chocolate chips into the brownie batter if you want extra chocolate. I would add 1 – 1 & 1/2 cups of regular, mini, or chunks. You can also use dark, semi, or milk chocolate. Even peanut butter chips would be good!
- Alternately, nuts would be a good add-in too. Pecans, walnuts, or almonds would be my choice. Again, I’d add 1 – 1 & 1/2 cups of chopped nuts.
ANOTHER TIP FOR YOUR BROWNIES
I recommend lining your baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Once the brownies cool completely you can lift them out of the pan and cut them much easier and neater than trying to cut them in the pan.
You’ll need to store these brownies in an airtight container in your refrigerator if you top them with cream cheese frosting. If you choose no frosting or another frosting (without dairy products) you can store them on the countertop.
While you’re here check, out these recipes
- Best Chocolate Chunk Brownie
- Oreo Cream Cheese Fluff Trifle
- Rolo Cheesecake Recipe
- 9 Margaritas to Make Now
- Dark Chocolate Brown Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding
- Oreo Cheesecake Trifle
- No-cook Strawberry Cheesecake
- Mississippi Mud Cake
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, and salt, then gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix together.
- Spread into the prepared baking pan. The batter will be thick.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes or until the top is dry and the center is set. Cool completely before covering or frosting.
CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
You can also find great recipes at Recipe Index and Weekend Potluck.