Succulent, sweet, and just a bit spicy, Jalapeno Basil Pork Chop Recipe was my award-winning entry in the MS Magazine Recipe Contest in 2011. It’s a simple grilled pork chop with a scrumptious glaze.
RECIPE CONTEST WINNER
On a whim, I entered the MS Magazine Recipe Contest in 2011 after seeing a post on their Facebook page. I had it on file at my fingertips and sent it in immediately. It was one day until the deadline. I won the Grand Prize which included beach vacation for my hubs and me among other items. I was thrilled, to say the least.
My husband and I had won an Iron Chef competition with local foodies with this recipe. Additionally, I had served it with rave reviews to our Supper Club. We even made it for our family on numerous occasions. I knew it was a well-liked recipe.
Below is my photo for the Mississippi Magazine 2011 Recipe Contest Winning recipe that was featured in the North Mississippi Daily Journal Article. I’m holding the magazine that announced the winner. Also, pictured are some of the amazing prices I received for winning.
JALAPENO BASIL PORK CHOP
It’s an easy and delicious main course quick enough for weeknights and sophisticated enough for entertaining. This has been our go-to dinner to entertain. Jalapeno Basil Pork Chop is so flavorful, you can keep the rest of the meal simple.
Here’s another good pork steak recipe that you’ll enjoy.
Jalapeno Basil Pork Chop MS Magazine Recipe Contest Winning Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 10 ounce jar Tabasco Spicy Red Pepper Jelly
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup basil chopped fresh
- 4 1½-inch thick pork chops bone-in loin chops, well-trimmed
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese small slices smoked
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- For garnish: fresh basil and green onions
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine jelly, wine, and basil, whisking for about 5 minutes or until pepper jelly melts.
- Remove from heat, and let the mixture cool completely.
- Cut a pocket into loin side of chop, large enough to insert and hold the cheese, and insert cheese as close to the bone as possible; avoid too large of a piece to prevent melting during cooking.
- Skewer pocket closed.
- Pour ¾ cup pepper jelly mixture into a large zip-top plastic freezer bag and reserve remaining mixture; add pork chops to the bag, turning to coat.
- Seal and let marinate for 1½ to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Allow the chops to come to room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling, turning pork chops occasionally. Remove chops from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Sprinkle chops evenly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over high heat (400 to 450 degrees) for 3 minutes, then turn a quarter turn and cook another 3 minutes, then repeat on the other side, or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145 degrees (temperature should rise another 10 degrees at rest).
- Strain basil from remaining 1 and ¼ cups of marinade and discard basil; boil marinade 2 minutes.
- Pour pepper jelly sauce over pork chops and garnish with fresh basil and green onions.
- Yield: 4 servings
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.