This Soft Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Cookie Recipe is thick, soft and moist. The cream cheese helps them stay moist and tender, but you can’t actually taste the cream cheese in the cookie. They’re pillowy soft with chocolate in every bite! They are not for the faint of sweet tooth!
I was pleased with the way this Soft Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Cookie Recipe turned out after replacing cream cheese with butter in this recipe.. They’re softer than cookies made with all butter and I love soft batch cookies! I’ve been studying up on the chemistry behind cookie baking. I know, just call me a geek now. I wanted to make these cookies ‘fun’, I replaced chocolate chips with M&M candies. My son had to take cookies to school and didn’t want ‘regular’ chocolate chip cookies. I tried to tell him there is nothing ‘regular’ about chocolate chip cookies. But, he insisted I fancy them up!
Soft Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Cookie Recipe
- Read your recipe through completely before starting.
- Bake by the minimum time listed on recipes and check them after minimum so as not to overcook.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Have all ingredients at room temperature unless otherwise specified.
- Use real butter.
- Use a spring release scoop (ice cream scoop) for even shaped cookies.
- One important step in the process of making cookies is to refrigerate the dough before baking. This allows the butter to firm up so the cookie doesn’t spread too much. As well, it allows the gluten to relax for a more tender cookie. Additionally, there’s no harm in making the dough, forming it into balls, and keeping them in the fridge for up to 5 days before baking them.
- The dough will also freeze for up to 4 months. Bake as directed whenever you’re ready to bake.
- Don’t over mix the dough. This will make a tough cookie.
- I highly recommend baking cookies on a Silpat mat.
- Carefully and correctly measure flour.
Cookie dough does not make a nutritious lunch!
More M&Ms than dough…as it should be!
I like to scoop the cookies out on waxed paper and freeze. Once frozen you can store them in an airtight container in the freezer for couple of months (if they last that long).
And they are! All pillowy soft and chocolatey!
Soft Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream cheese at room temperature (I only use the block kind not the kind in a tub.)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 and ¼ cup s M&M candies You can substitute chocolate chips for the M&Ms
- Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat on medium speed until well combined stopping to scrape sides occasionally.
- Add dry ingredients slowly into mixer and cream until combined.
- Stir in M&Ms or Chocolate Chips by hand until they are evenly distributed.
- Place in refrigerator at least 30 minutes. If you don't refrigerate them, you won't have a thick cookie, chewy cookie.
- Scoop chilled dough onto a cookie sheet using a ice cream or cookie scoop.
- If you want more crisp cookies, bake them 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- The amount of cookies you get will be determined by how large you make each one.
- My cookies used approximately 2 tablespoons of dough per cookies and yielded 36 to 40 cookies.
In addition to this cookie recipe, you may like