This Soft Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Cookie Recipe is thick, soft and moist. The cream cheese helps them stay moist and tender, but you can’t actually taste the cream cheese in the cookie. They’re pillowy soft with chocolate in every bite! They are not for the faint of sweet tooth!
I was pleased with the way this Soft Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Cookie Recipe turned out after replacing cream cheese with butter in this recipe.. They’re softer than cookies made with all butter and I love soft batch cookies! I’ve been studying up on the chemistry behind cookie baking. I know, just call me a geek now. I wanted to make these cookies ‘fun’, I replaced chocolate chips with M&M candies. My son had to take cookies to school and didn’t want ‘regular’ chocolate chip cookies. I tried to tell him there is nothing ‘regular’ about chocolate chip cookies. But, he insisted I fancy them up!
Soft Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Cookie Recipe
Do you cookie much?
Cookie dough does not make a nutritious lunch!
More M&Ms than dough…as it should be!
I like to scoop the cookies out on waxed paper and freeze. Once frozen you can store them in an airtight container in the freezer for couple of months (if they last that long).
And they are! All pillowy soft and chocolatey!
Soft Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 c 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream cheese at room temperature (I only use the block kind not the kind in a tub.)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 and 1/4 cups M&M candies You can substitute chocolate chips for the M&Ms
- Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat on medium speed until well combined stopping to scrap sides occasionally.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients slowly into mixer and cream until combined.
- Stir in M&Ms or Chocolate Chips by hand until they are evenly distributed.
- Place in refrigerator at least 30 minutes. If you don't refrigerate them, you won't have a thick cookie, chewy cookie.
- Scoop chilled dough onto a cookie sheet using a ice cream or cookie scoop.
- If you want more crisp cookies bake 2 to 3 minutes longer.
In addition to my Soft Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Cookie Recipe, you may like