A no-bake dessert recipe, Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Bakery Chocolate Eclair Banana Pudding, is an easy yet rich and decadent dessert. Multiple layers of yummy ingredients stack up to make one tasty treat.
Graham crackers are layered with vanilla pudding, bananas, and an easy chocolate ganache icing.
After I shared Joanna Gaines Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding Recipe, I remembered another recipe that had a similar pudding mixture. As well, I had just seen a photo of Chocolate Eclair Banana Pudding on Instagram and decided to replicate that recipe as well.
And, Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Bakery Chocolate Eclair Banana Pudding was born!
Joanna Gaines’ Magnolia Bakery Chocolate Eclair Banana Pudding
This is a no-bake, easy dessert to make. it takes less than 10 minutes to put this dessert together. It does need refrigerator time before serving so plan ahead when before making it.
As you can see, I made my recipe in a 9×9 inch dish. You can make it in pretty glasses or jelly jars for individual servings.
It’s also a dessert that you can use lower-fat or fat-free ingredients in. Substitute the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and whipped cream for lower fat version if you want.
a few tips
I layered graham crackers, pudding, and bananas. Next, I spread a nice layer of chocolate on top. This dessert is creamy and light tasting. It’s similar in texture to cheesecake.
It needs to chill in the refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours before serving. The premium best time to serve this dessert is from 1 to 8 hours in my opinion. I personally think it’s best when the crackers are still a little crisp. Because the bananas start getting mushy after a while, I prefer this dessert in the first 24 hours of being made.
You may also like
Shop this post
Joanna Gaines' Magnolia Bakery Chocolate Eclair Banana Pudding
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2-3 medium bananas sliced
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Brand whipped cream
- 16 ounces prepared chocolate frosting
- 14.4 ounce package graham crackers
- mini chocolate chips and crushed graham crackers for garnish
For the Pudding
- In a 9x9 dish, mason jar, or individual glasses lay a single layer of graham crackers on the bottom.
- Spoon pudding on top, bananas, and then add another layer of graham crackers. Repeat layers (crackers, pudding, bananas) Top with one more layer of crackers on the very top.
- Microwave frosting 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. You want the frosting to pour and spread easily, but don't want it hot.
- Pour as much or little of the chocolate frosting over the top layer of crackers. Spread evenly.
- Garnish with mini-chocolate chips and crushed graham crackers if desired.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour up to 24 hours.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.