With minimal prep, Skillet Coconut Lime Chicken will become a weeknight go-to dinner. It’s creamy and indulgent while being light and refreshing.
SKILLET COCONUT LIME CHICKEN
This skillet chicken is simple and very quick to make in one pan. It’s creamy without being overly rich.
- Chicken. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. If they’re large you can cut them horizontally. They’ll cook quicker and feed more people. You can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Coconut milk. Canned coconut milk (full fat) will have the most flavor. Make sure you use coconut milk, not coconut cream. Evaporated milk is a good substitution for coconut milk.
- Garlic. Fresh garlic is best but jarred garlic is my next choice.
- Flour. Baking powder, arrowroot starch, or cornstarch can be used instead of all-purpose flour. The chicken will be lighter than with flour but delicious.
- Brown sugar. You can sub coconut sugar for the brown sugar.
- Love lime? Add more lime zest to your recipe.
- Freshly ground black pepper has so much more flavor.
- I often add broccoli slaw and double the sauce and seasoning.
- If you’re not a fan of coconut, you can use all chicken broth.
- This is equally good over cauliflower rice or ramen noodles.
- Always taste after a recipe is finished and add more seasoning if needed.
Try these easy and delicious chicken recipes too!
- No Peek Chicken and Rice
- Chicken Doritos Casserole
- Crockpot Green Chile Chicken
- Chicken Enchiladas in White Sauce
- Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5 rating and comment.
Skillet Coconut Lime Chicken
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 4 medium chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- juice of half a lime
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Season the chicken breasts with cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the seasoned chicken in flour.
- Place the chicken cutlets into the hot skillet and cook for 4-6 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and lightly browned.
- Set the chicken aside on a plate to rest.
- Add the remaining oil and butter to the skillet to melt.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for one minute until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the broth to the pan and scrape off any browned bits. Stir in coconut milk and lime juice.
- Return the cooked chicken to the skillet and simmer the sauce for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and spoon the sauce over the top of the chicken and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve over rice with a lime wedge.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Also, you can also find great recipes here