Stovetop Cabbage Roll Soup is comforting, cozy, and packed with wholesome ingredients (that’ll fill you up but not out😉). It’s hearty yet healthy and is absolutely irresistible on a chilly day!
Stovetop Cabbage Roll Soup
IS CABBAGE HEALTHY?
Yes! Super healthy!
Cabbage is low in calories and high in fiber. It is also high in rich in vitamin K, C, and B6, as well as folate, manganese, calcium, potassium, and magnesium as well it contains powerful antioxidants.
We could all use more of it in our diets and here’s a yummy recipe to help with that!
CAN I USE SLAW MIX IN THIS SOUP?
Yes, It does shorten the prep time for this recipe. You can sub 16 ounces of coleslaw mix for the cabbage.
IS STOVETOP CABBAGE ROLL SOUP HEALTHY?
Yes! It’s full of nutritious vegetables. As well, you can easily make it vegan by replacing the hamburger meat with a plant-based meat alternative. (No Meat Co and Beyond Beef or two companies that most stores carry.)
HOW DO I STORE LEFTOVERS?
This soup can be kept in the fridge for 5 days. Store in an airtight container.
CAN I FREEZE CABBAGE ROLL SOUP?
Yes, this soup freezes very well for 3 months. Store in an airtight container. To prevent the vegetables in your soup to become too soggy when reheated, thaw it the day before in the fridge.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- Pasta Meatball Soup Recipe
- Skinny Turkey Meatball Tortellini Soup
- Beefy Tomato Soup Recipe
- Chicken Pot Pie Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Healthy Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken Soup
- Hash Brown Slow Cooker Potato Soup
What I used
- These bowls are fun and festive
- I adore soup crocks with handles
- Add a little elegance
- Beautiful ladle
- If rustic is more your style
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5 rating and comment.
STOVETOP CABBAGE ROLL SOUP
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 16 ounces ground beef 90% lean
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 head cabbage roughtly chopped or 16-ounced coleslaw mix
- 28 ounces tomatoes diced
- 4 cups beef broth or Vegan
- 3 cups white rice cooked
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Get your ingredients together.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, add the oil, meat, and onion. Cook on high heat for 10 minutes or until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the cabbage and
- cook until it softened (about 5 minutes)
- Reduced heat, add in the diced tomatoes, oregano,
- basil, broth, salt, and pepper
- simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked rice and cook for another minute or two to warm up the rice. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve warm in a bowl, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
Also, you can also find great recipes here