Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles are the perfect bite of
velvety, creamy and luscious pillows of truffle heaven!
Who doesn’t love cookie dough?
These elegant truffles are another way to enjoy that mind-blowing goodness!
Hey, guess what? I get to build the Eiffel Tower!!
I know what you’re thinking, there already is an Eiffel Tower. Yeah, well, I get to build another one, two actually!
I may, like, go down in history or something….
Ok, I’ll spill the beans.
I’m not actually building the Eiffel Tower. *bubble bursting…* But, I am building two replicas. See, I’m a member of Junior Auxiliary, or JAs, as we call ourselves. Junior Auxiliary is an organization that works for the children of our city and county. We volunteer our time, fund raise and help children through various projects. Our one and only fund-raising project is the Charity Ball. This year’s theme is Le Grand Bal Parisien, now, you should hear some Southerners say that! We all work on every aspect of the Ball. I’m part of a committee that decorates food service tables. We’re constructing Eiffel Towers as decorations for the large tables! I’m so excited! Be sure to check out my Instagram feed for pics!
For a night in Paris, I made decadent truffles; Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles to be exact!
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk cream or half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon solid vegetable shortening
- chocolate candy coating
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add milk and vanilla and mix.
- Add flour and salt, mix on low until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Chill dough in refrigerator about 30 minutes until firm enough to roll or scoop. This will help them not be as sticky.
- Scoop into 1-inch balls.
- Place rolled balls on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes up to 2 hours.
- Melt choocolate candy coating and vegetable shortening in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Stir between each 30 second interval.
- Remove a couple of balls from the freezer.
- Using 2 forks, dip ball in candy coating and let any excess fall off back into the bowl.
- Place on parchment paper to dry and immediately top with sprinkles. (optional)
- If you choose to drizzle a different color chocolate over the top, wait until the coating is dry and hard. Melt the additional chocolate as before in the microwave. Place in a heavy freezer type zip top bag and snip a small hole in the corner. Drizzle chocolate over truffles using a zig zag motion. Allow drizzle to dry before transfering to an airtight container.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula
Red Velvet Cookie Dough Truffles