Incredibly simple Peppermint Truffles Recipe starts with a cream cheese base full of peppermint chips, rolled into balls then they’re draped in chocolate… I want to be draped in chocolate!
Rarely do I want to not do anything. Most of the time I have the energy to spare. And, it really wasn’t that I felt bad or didn’t have any energy, it was mentally I just haven’t wanted to do anything for the last couple of days. Seriously, I need to shake this. I’ve just wanted to lay on the couch and watch the 58 Unique Sweets shows that I have saved. I think I’m overstimulated. Too many quests, too many crowds, too much social media, and computer…
It’s a holiday thing. Too much of everything.
PEPPERMINT TRUFFLES RECIPE
Since I didn’t even want to cook, I decided on an easy recipe. I’ve been wanting to make them for a while. I know, you can’t eat them for dinner (or can you?), but they do make a fun homemade gift.
I made Peppermint Truffles recipe using my basic Peppermint Fudge recipe.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Oreo Magic Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- KitKat Truffles
- Buckeye Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Spoons
- Peppermint Truffles
- Kentucky Bourbon Balls
- Martha Washington Candy
Peppermint Truffles Recipe
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips
- 5 to 6 cups powdered sugar
- 12 ounces Wilton Candy melts
- 1 tablespoon Crisco vegetable shortening.
- 2 tablespoon Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips to decoreate top of truffles
- In a bowl of electric mixer beat cream cheese until soft. Place 1/4 cup of the Andes Peppermint Crunch in a zip top bag and crush slightly. Add the 1/4 cup crushed candies and the 1/4 c un-crushed candies to the cream cheese. Mix until completely incorporated (the cream cheese should turn a light pink). Turn the mixer to low speed and add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time to the mixer. Combine completely before adding another cup of sugar. The mixture needs to be really stiff and dry(ish). To test, pinch some of the fudge off and roll it into a ball, if it stays in the ball without going flat it's thick enough. Add more sugar if it's not this consistency.
- Using a small spring release scoop, scoop the mixture into balls. Place on a sheet of waxed paper on a sheet try. Refrigerate for an hour until firm. Remove truffles from refrigerator. Melt chocolate and shortening, stir until smooth. Using 2 forks, dip balls in melted chocolate, tap on side of bowl to remove excess. Place on sheet of waxed paper. Top with Andes peppermint crunch chips. Allow to dry. Store in the refrigerator. Good in the fridge up to 1 week.