Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
About this Peanut
The addition of oatmeal gives these cookies a nice change from traditional peanut
If you eat just the inside of a peanut
When measuring flour you’ll want to first
When you weigh a cup of flour that’s been measured the ‘scoop and sweep’ method, it’ll weigh about 5 ounces. A standard cup should weigh 4.25 ounces.
You’ll get a much more accurate measurement using the method I used above. If you want to be dead-on correct you should weigh all ingredients instead of using the cups. If you’ve ever had a heavy, dry cake or cookies the culprit may lie in incorrectly measuring the flour.
Store cookie dough in the fridge in an airtight container for 12 hours or in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats quick-cooking
- Preheat oven to 350°F. (175 degrees C)
- In a bowl combine shortening, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt and stir into creamed mixture.
- Mix in oats until just combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes.
- Using a quick-release scoop, drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I like to line mine with a silicone mat.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until just lightly browned. Cook time will vary depending on how big your cookies are. I used 2 tablespoons of dough and baked for 9 minutes. I prefer soft, chewy cookies. Bake longer if you like crisp cookies.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.