Dangerously-delicious, rich, and decadent, KitKat Truffle Recipe is an easy 3 ingredient, no-bake recipe that’s perfect to make with children and to give as gifts for the holidays.
KITKAT TRUFFLE RECIPE
I used the same concept that cake balls are made with for these truffles. Therefore, I chose a Kitkat candy bar because it has the wafer inside, unlike candy bars that are all goo. By that, I mean all soft ingredients like chocolate, nougat, and caramel. I thought the wafer would give it substance.
I haven’t tried other candy bars to see if they work. I’ll update this post when/if I do.
You can get KitKat candy bar minis now that are already unwrapped which is a huge time saver in this recipe.
For the chocolate coating, I like to use dark chocolate. It’s a nice contrast since the candy bars are so sweet. However, you can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate. I do recommend using Wilton Candy Melts so a smooth even coating.
You can add a decoration on top if you choose or leave them plain.
Melting chocolate can be tricky, frustrating, and irritating! I wrote this post How to Melt Chocolate that may help you.
HOW TO MAKE KITKAT TRUFFLES
This recipe is about as simple as it gets.
- First, you want to crush the Kitkat candy bars. I put them in a freezer-style ziptop bag. Then I took my frustrations out and beat them with a meat mallet until they were crumbs.
- Next, I poured the Kitkat crumbs into a bowl and added sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir until it’s gooey and sticks together.
- Form into balls. I found it easier to use a spring-release scoop (small ice cream scoop). The scoop I used was about 1/2 tablespoon.
- Finally, dip the balls in melted chocolate and allow to set.
These truffles are okay to set on the counter for a couple of days. However, if you need to keep them for longer than that, I recommend storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE POSTS
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- Buckeye Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Spoons
- Peppermint Truffles
- Kentucky Bourbon Balls
- Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Martha Washington Candy
KitKat Truffle Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 340 grams KitKat candy bars crushed
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts like this
- Place the unwrapped KitKat bars in a freezer ziptop bag (freezer bags are thicker) and using a meat mallet, crush the bars.
- Pour the crushed bars into a bowl and pour the sweetened condensed milk over them.
- Mix until combined and stuck together. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Using a small (½ to 1 tablespoon) spring release scoop form balls and place on parchment paper or waxed paper. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate candy melts in the microwave at 30 second increments stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip each truffle in chocolate and place on parchment paper or waxed paper to dry.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
You can find more recipes at my Recipe Index and at Meal Plan Monday and Weekend Potluck.
KitKat is the PERFECT candy bar to make into truffles. So Smart!
If you like kit kats, you are going to love this easy truffles recipe.
Well, I never! This was my first time making and having kit kat truffles and I have to say yum!
Mary Burak says
how many cups is 340 grams?