Dangerously-delicious, rich, and decadent, KitKat Truffle Recipe is an easy 3 ingredient, no-bake recipe that’s perfect to make with children and to give as gifts for the holidays.
KITKAT TRUFFLE RECIPE
I used the same concept that cake balls are made with for these truffles. Therefore, I chose a Kitkat candy bar because it has the wafer inside, unlike candy bars that are all goo. By that, I mean all soft ingredients like chocolate, nougat, and caramel. I thought the wafer would give it substance.
I haven’t tried other candy bars to see if they work. I’ll update this post when/if I do.
You can get KitKat candy bar minis now that are already unwrapped which is a huge time saver in this recipe.
For the chocolate coating, I like to use dark chocolate. It’s a nice contrast since the candy bars are so sweet. However, you can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate. I do recommend using Wilton Candy Melts so a smooth even coating.
You can add a decoration on top if you choose or leave them plain.
Melting chocolate can be tricky, frustrating, and irritating! I wrote this post How to Melt Chocolate that may help you.
HOW TO MAKE KITKAT TRUFFLES
This recipe is about as simple as it gets.
- First, you want to crush the Kitkat candy bars. I put them in a freezer-style ziptop bag. Then I took my frustrations out and beat them with a meat mallet until they were crumbs.
- Next, I poured the Kitkat crumbs into a bowl and added sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir until it’s gooey and sticks together.
- Form into balls. I found it easier to use a spring-release scoop (small ice cream scoop). The scoop I used was about 1/2 tablespoon.
- Finally, dip the balls in melted chocolate and allow to set.
These truffles are okay to set on the counter for a couple of days. However, if you need to keep them for longer than that, I recommend storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE POSTS
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- Buckeye Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Spoons
- Peppermint Truffles
- Kentucky Bourbon Balls
- Martha Washington Candy
KitKat Truffle Recipe
- Place the unwrapped KitKat bars in a freezer ziptop bag (freezer bags are thicker) and using a meat mallet, crush the bars.
- Pour the crushed bars into a bowl and pour the sweetened condensed milk over them.
- Mix until combined and stuck together. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate candy melts in the microwave at 30 second increments stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip each truffle in chocolate and place on parchment paper or waxed paper to dry.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.