Chewy and delicious, Oreo Magic Bars are an easy bar cookie that everyone will love! Simply layer these ingredients in a pan and bake! this recipe is sure to be your new favorite treat!
Magic Cookie Bars are also known as Seven Layer Bars and Hello Dolly Bars. They were always Magic Cookie Bars to me so that’s what I’m going with.
Traditional Magic Cookie Bars are layers of ingredients beginning with a graham cracker crust and ending with sweetened condensed milk. When baked the sweetened condensed milk binds everything together and they magically become one gooey, crunchy, amazing dessert bar.
As long as you have the main components and ratios of Magic Cookie Bars, you can substitute ingredients. For the traditional crackers, I used Oreo cookies, and that one change puts these bars over the top in the taste factor!
OREO MAGIC BARS
This recipe is an easy layer bar recipe that kids can make. It’s literally just sprinkling and pouring ingredients into the baking pan. The butter needs to be melted but the kiddos can safely do that in the microwave.
They’re great for school and birthday parties as well as neighbor treats for the holidays.
HOW TO STORE
- I prefer these bars best at room temperature. Keep in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days.
- Alternately, you can keep them fresh for longer in the fridge. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
CAN I FREEZE THESE BARS?
Yes, they freeze beautifully. To freeze, cut the bars into single servings and layer in a sealed container. You’ll need to place parchment paper between layers or they’ll stick together. They keep frozen for up to 3 months.
To serve from frozen, all the bars to thaw overnight on the counter.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Pecan Pie Magic Cookie Bars
- Oatmeal Cookie and Cream Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Pecan Shortbread Toffee and Rolo Magic Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Cookie and Cream Bars
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
OREO MAGIC BARS
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Next, evenly sprinkle the M&Ms, caramels, pecans, and rough chopped Oreos over the base layer. Press down firmly with hands or the bottom of a glass.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing.