Spaghetti Squash with Sundried Tomatoes combines fresh spaghetti squash, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato pesto, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and seasoning for a rich, yet delicious dish.
This creamy Spaghetti Squash Casserole is a cheesy low-carb and gluten-free main dish. It can easily be made vegetarian too! Spaghetti squash noodles make a great substitute for traditional pasta in recipes.
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES
How do I choose a good spaghetti squash?
- Ripe spaghetti squash will have a golden yellow or dark yellow color.
- Choose a firm spaghetti squash that feels heavy for its size.
- The stem should be firm, dry, and rounded.
- It shouldn’t have any cracks or soft/bruised spots.
How do you know when spaghetti squash is ready?
To check for doneness, flip one half of the spaghetti squash over and run a fork down the top edge of the squash. The squash is done cooking when the fork easily forms spaghetti-like strands with a slightly firm texture. Spaghetti squash is meant to be slightly firm but not hard. When overcooked, spaghetti squash becomes mushy.
How long can you keep a spaghetti squash last before cooking it?
How do I reheat Spaghetti Squash with Sundried Tomatoes?
When reheating I like to scoop out the amount I’m going to eat and put it on a microwave-safe plate. I then dampen a paper towel and place it over the portion. I microwave for 30-second increments and stir between each time until it’s hot.
Can I add a protein to Spaghetti Squash with Sundried Tomatoes?
Yes. Grilled or rotisserie chicken is good as is Italian sausage. I would add the protein after it is cooked to the top when served.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- spaghetti squash
- sun-dried tomatoes
- Sun-dried tomato pesto
- cheddar cheese
- cream cheese
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Italian seasoning
METHOD FOR COOKING SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- Microwave the squash a few minutes, then slice it in half.
- Remove the seeds and pulp. Salt and pepper the inside of the squash.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl then fill the squash cavity with it.
- Bake, covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until done.
- Stir the squash noodles and ingredients until combined.
Do you know someone who would love this recipe? Call Me PMc grows by shares and I’d love it if you shared with a friend or posted to Facebook or your favorite Pinterest board.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- Hot Honey Brussels Sprouts
- Kentucky Bourbon Braised Brussels Sprouts
- Toasted Pecan Brie Brussels Sprout Bites
- Roasted Winter Vegetable and Pesto Quinoa Bowl
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Butternut Squash, Brussels, and Carrots
- Parmesan Roasted Cabbage with Pine Nuts
- Panko Crusted Broccoli
- No-bake Carrot Cake Bars
- Pomegranate Avocado and Pine Nut Roasted Broccoli Salad
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon sundried tomato pesto
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Everything Seasoning
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Microwave squash for a few minutes then cut in half.
- Remove the seeds and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, sun-dried tomato pesto, cheddar cheese, Everything bagel seasoning, and Italian seasoning
- Place the squash in a baking dish.
- Evenly divide the cheese mixture between squash. Top with parmesan and loosely cover the squash with foil.
- Bake the squash for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking the squash for another 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size, or until the squash is tender and the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- With a fork, gently mix the spaghetti sauce noodles with the cheese mixture. Serve immediately.
Also, you can also find great recipes here and Weekend Potluck
Kelly Harb says
I don’t see how much garlic or Parmesan in the ingredients, but it says add it in the recipe. Thanks!
So sorry! I corrected it.
this was tasty and easy to make! Bonus is that it is a great healthy dinner idea!
Delish! I love the sun-dried tomato flavor as a compliment to the the spaghetti squash.
Perhaps the BEST use of Spaghetti Squash EVER!