Creamy Baked Spinach Chicken. Tender seared chicken is smothered in cheese and spinach then baked to perfection. It’s flavorful, decadent, and hearty while also being low-carb and gluten-free!
CREAMY BAKED SPINACH CHICKEN
Although this main dish chicken recipe takes 30ish minutes to make, it takes very little hands-on time. Seriously, all you do is place the chicken breasts in an oven-safe pan, mix the other ingredients, and spread it over the chicken.
Make your side dishes while it’s in the oven and you have an easy, delicious meal.
This chicken is also good for meal prep. I sometimes double the recipe and we take it for lunch the next day.
CAN I USE FRESH SPINACH?
I always prefer fresh over canned or frozen when fresh is available. Therefore, yes, you can use fresh spinach. I have tried both of the following methods when I used fresh spinach and they were both good.
- First, you can steam the spinach a few minutes to wilt it. Then simply stir it into the other ingredients and proceed with the recipe as written.
- As well, you can stir the fresh spinach (after it is washed & dried) straight into the cheese mixture. It’s a little more difficult to stir in without wilting it first, but it cooks just fine.
HOW TO STORE
As always, store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They’ll keep 4 days this way.
DID YOU LOVE THIS CHICKEN? HERE ARE MORE RECIPES YOU MUST TRY!
- Grilled Chicken Shawarma
- Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 9 Wholesome Meals under 600 Calories
- Dill Pickle Brined Pork Tenderloin
- Sweet Heat Chicken
- Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs
- Crock Pot Rotel Crack Chicken
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
CREAMY BAKED SPINACH CHICKEN
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 4 medium chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups spinach frozen, chopped
- ¾ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley fresh, chopped
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, spinach, feta cheese, parmesan, and seasonings.
- Stir together until well combined.
- Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly mixture across the tops of the chicken breasts.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 30-35minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.