Quick and easy Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken is spicy, cheesy, hearty, and made with simple ingredients, bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos.
This recipe is, basically, a chicken breast with a Jalapeno Popper stuffed inside. I covered the breast in panko, Japanese breadcrumbs, and baked them to perfection.
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- It’s easy to control the spice level. For less heat, remove the seeds and veins from the jalapenos. Jalapenos vary levels of heat. I recommend tasting a small amount before adding it to your recipe each time. If you don’t like much heat at all, you may want to substitute a poblano pepper.
- Depending on the thickness of your chicken, you may need to adjust the cooking time. Testing the chicken with an instant-read thermometer is the only way to know for sure it’s perfectly cooked. The safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165° Fahrenheit
- I recommend pounding the chicken with a meat mallet to make it a uniform thickness. It will cook more evenly.
- You can substitute any cheese for the cheddar cheese.
- Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken
- Baked Crack Chicken Casserole
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken
Inside Out Jalapeno Popper
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeno seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeno, and bacon together. It will be thick.
- Cut a pocket in the chicken and fill with the cream cheese mixture. Close and secure with toothpick or skewer.
- Salt and Pepper chicken.
- Beat egg in a small bowl with a fork.
- In another small bowl or shallow platter put panko bread crumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes or until chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Serve immediately.
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.