French Quarter Pecan Cheese Spread Recipe is a unique mix of sweet and savory pecan praline sauce served over cream cheese. This dip is an amazing appetizer for Mardi Gras, football, or festive holiday party.
This is a tasty sweet and salty recipe that’s easy to make in advance.
I first had this unique dip at a luncheon and couldn’t stop eating it. In fact, I ate so much of it I was full for our entree. Furthermore, that’s how it goes most of the time when there are dips and spreads. A cheesy dip is my very favorite munchy!
FRENCH QUARTER PECAN CHEESE SPREAD RECIPE
When I say this is unique, I mean it. It’s an odd combination of cream cheese, brown sugar, Worcestershire, mustard, and pecans. Sounds odd, right? It’s sweet, tangy, and nutty… it works. It totally works.
Cream cheese, garlic, and onion make the creamy base. Alternatively, you can simply use a block of cream cheese without the additions. It’s just as good.
A basic praline sauce becomes somewhat savory with the addition of mustard and Worcestershire.
I prefer the pecan topping of this French Quarter Pecan Cheese Spread Recipe to be warm. However, it’s good at room temperature. It’s probably even good cold, but there is never any leftover to try it cold!
Serve this spread with your favorite cracker for an easy appetizer. I recommend a plain without added cheese or herb flavors.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Cream cheese
- Sweet onion
- Brown sugar
- Spicy brown mustard
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH QUARTER PECAN CHEESE SPREAD
This is a very simple and unique appetizer recipe.
- First, toast the pecans either on the stovetop or in the oven until they are warm and fragrant.
- While those are toasting mix the cream cheese, onion, and garlic together. It’s much easier to mix when the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Once mixed, spoon the cream cheese mixture onto a serving platter in a 6 to 7-inch diameter.
- Don’t forget your pecans that are toasting!😳
- In a medium-size pan on the stove, add butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire, and mustard. Allow that to cook for 4 to 5 minutes on medium until the sugar has dissolved.
- Next, remove the sugar mixture from the heat and stir in the pecans.
- Just let that cool a few minutes before you pour it over the cream cheese. If you don’t mind dirtying another pan you can transfer the mixture to a bowl to get it out of the hot pan it was cooked in.
- After it has cooled slightly, pour the pecan mixture over the cream cheese and serve with a sturdy cracker. (I like Wheat Thins with it.)
That’s it, folks. Easy and yum, yum, yummmy!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- Whipped Feta with Blistered Tomatoes
- Quick Chile Cheese Dip
- Cheesy Sausage Dip
- Cinnamon Cheesecake Dip
- Green Chile Cheddar Dip
French Quarter Pecan Cheese Spread Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- In a small pan on medium-low heat, toast pecans until they're lightly browned and fragrant.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, onion, and garlic.
- Spoon onto a serving platter into a 6 or 7 inch round disc
- Cook on medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans.
- Cool slightly before spooning over cream cheese mixture.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with your favorite crackers
Published: Feb 3, 2016
Linking to Weekend Potluck