Cinnamon Sugared Pecans are sweet, salty, crunchy and hard to resist! A serious snack that you can easily make in 30 minutes!
I love snacking on crunchy food and these Cinnamon Sugared Pecans are no exception!
In an attempt to make every recipe better, I decided to add not just plain pecans, but Cinnamon Sugared Pecans to a recipe. After, we ate the entire first batch of pecans, the second batch actually made it into the recipe. My instincts by the way were spot on. Cinnamon Sugared Pecans really kicked up my Apricot Pecan Scones.
I find a handful of salty and sweet nuts hard to resist. Obviously, the rest of my household did as well!
Cinnamon Sugared Pecans make a wonderful homemade gift. You may want to make a double batch if you plan to give them away. You’ll most definitely want some for yourself. If you plan to give these as gifts, allow the nuts to cool competely before packaging.
This is a simple recipe. The sugared coating is made with sugar and water, then you can actually spice it any way you want. The sugar is dissolved stove-top, then the pecans are baked. They’re ready in 30 minutes!
The pecans I used were salted, like, really salty. If you want to control the salt, get unsalted nuts and add the desired amount of salt.
Cinnamon Sugared Pecans
- I spiced my pecans with cinnamon, if you’re not a fan of cinnamon you can leave it out.
- You can also substitute ground red pepper or cayenne pepper for the cinnamon. This adds a nice heat that contrasts nicely with the sweetness.
- Try using mixed nuts, all almonds or all cashews or a cup of each. Simply irresistable!
- Use salted or unsalted and control the salt yourself. Of course, you can leave salt out completely if you prefer.
Be sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter. Sign up box is at the top right of any page.
- 3 cups pecans
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a 12 inch skillet, bring nuts, sugar, water and cinnamon to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low boil and cook stirring until syrup mixture has caramelized and the nuts are well coated. This will take 10 to 12 minutes.
- Immediately spread nuts on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Bake in a 300-degree oven for 10 minutes. Stir and bake for an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, stir and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
Use mixed nuts, almonds or cashews instead of pecans in this recipe.Also, add 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper to kick up the heat in these Cinnamon Sugar Pecans. ©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
If you like Cinnamon Sugared Pecans, you may also like.
Have you tried Cinnamon Sugared Pecans?