Captain Rodney’s Boucan Chicken Quiche recipe makes the perfect hot breakfast for weekends and holidays. This quiche recipe is filling, and full of delicious flavors that will satisfy any hungry stomach, whether it’s at breakfast, brunch, or dinner!
Hi there, it’s me again. I’ve still been testing recipes using Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze. I thought quiche topping with a spicy and sweet glaze would be good. I was not wrong.
CAPTAIN RODNEY’S BOUCAN CHICKEN QUICHE
Quiche is my favorite recipe for brunch on the weekends. It’s a hearty quiche that’s full of flavor, baked in a tender flaky pie crust, and a great way to use leftover chicken. Captain Rodney’s Boucan Chicken Quiche is easy to make and will become one of your favorite breakfast or brunch recipes.
I keep it simple for breakfast by using a store-bought pie crust. (But, when I’m fully awake and cooking I use either this Coconut Oil Pie Crust Recipe or this Never Fail Pie Crust Recipe. You can easily adapt quiche to your family’s liking. You can add peppers, onions, or substitute ham instead of chicken. As always, you can use your favorite cheese.
WHAT IS CAPTAIN RODNEY’S BOUCAN (sweet & spicy) GLAZE?
Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze is a sweet and spicy glaze with the consistency of honey. It reminds me a lot of pepper jelly but slightly sweeter or honey (or agave) with hot sauce added to it.
WHERE TO BUY CAPTAIN RODNEY’S BOUCAN GLAZE?
Occasionally, I can find it at specialty food shops. Mostly, I order it on Amazon. A word of advice, where ever you find it, go ahead and get a few. You’ll use it during the holidays and it keeps for a long time.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED
The full recipe is below in the recipe box.
- Pie crust. You can do it crustless.
- Chicken. Leftover chicken is great.
- Cream cheese. I don’t recommend low-fat or fat-free.
- Cheddar. Or any good melting cheese.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Green onions.
- Butter crackers. Like Tollhouse or Ritz.
- Bacon. Cooked and crumbled.
- Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze.
TIPS FOR A DELICIOUS QUICHE
- Pre-bake, blind bake, the crust. This simply means to cook the crust for 8 to 10 minutes before you put the filling in it. If you pour the egg mixture into an unbaked crust, the liquid will seep into the crust and prevent it from becoming crispy.
- Watch the quiche as it bakes. The outer crust may start browning faster than the filling cooks. To prevent this, simply cover the outer crust with tin foil.
- Bake it on the lower one or two racks in your oven. This will help the pie crust to brown.
- Take care not to over-bake your quiche. The outside crust as well as the edges should be set. However, the middle usually still has a little jiggle. This is fine. It’ll set upon cooling.
- Remove your quiche from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Garnish it with chopped green onions if desired.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge.
CAN I MAKE CAPTAIN RODNEY’S BOUCAN CHICKEN QUICHE WITHOUT A CRUST?
Yes, you can. Simply make a crustless quiche the same way you would make one with a crust. Generously spray your pie dish with a non-stick spray. Pour your ingredients in and bake for the time indicated.
YOU WILL ENJOY THESE RECIPES TOO
- Best Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Easy Breakfast Pizza
- Fluffy Cottage Egg Casserole
- Captain Rodney’s Boucan Chicken Dip
- Hot Bacon Cheese Dip
Finally, I love hearing from you, if you’ve made this recipe please leave a rating and a comment. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
CAPTIN RODNEY’S BOUCAN QUICHE
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup chicken cooked and cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup cheddar grated
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons green onions green parts only
- ⅓ cup butter crackers crumbled
- 8 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup Captain Rodney's Boucan Glaze Captain Rodney's Boucan Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Blind bake the pie crust for 9 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Whip the cream cheese until it's smooth. Add the buttermilk, beaten eggs, salt, pepper, green onions, chicken, and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Top with crushed crackers.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and top with bacon and boucan glaze. Serve.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 days.
Leave a Reply