Make the most of those fresh tomatoes with a savory Traditional Southern Tomato Pie. It’s full of flavor from two cheeses, fresh sun ripened tomatoes and a buttery pie crust.
Layers for fresh tomatoes are topped with cheese and baked to perfection. Serve this Southern Tomato Pie with a salad for light lunch or as a side with your favorite grilled protein for dinner!
When Google asked me my preferred language and the first option was English, it occurred to me that they really should offer a Southern English category. There just certain words that are purely Southern like:
y’all (you all)
over yonder (not here, being in the place over there)
fixin’ (about to)
As in, “I’m fixin’ to go over yonder, y’all!”
Make the most of those fresh tomatoes with a savory Traditional Southern Tomato Pie. It's full of flavor from two cheeses, fresh sun ripened tomatoes and a buttery pie crust.
- 4 to matoes peeled and sliced
- 1 9 inch deep dish pie shell
- 1 c grated mozzarella
- 1 c grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 3 T mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 4 basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blind bake the pie shell until lightly brown.
- Peel and slice tomatoes, place in colander and sprinkle with salt. Allow to drain 10 minutes.
- Stir together sour cream and mayonnaise, add cheeses and salt and pepper. Layer tomatoes in pie shell. And spread sour cream mixture on top. Bake 30 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle torn basil leaves on top. Cool slightly. Serve warm.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.