One Pan Spinach Cheese and Fire Roasted Tomato Pasta is just plain good eatin’! Pasta and cheese, the epitome of comfort food.
This is the new Barilla® Pronto™ pasta that you’ve been hearing about. It cooks in one pan in 10 minutes. There’s waiting for water to boil and no need to drain. It’s al dente perfect in minutes; this is super convenient for busy parents!
Barilla® Pronto™ comes in five shapes: Elbows, Rotini, Penne, Spaghetti and Linguine.
I used rotini in my One Pan Spinach Cheese and Fire Roasted Tomato Pasta, but you can use whichever shape you have on hand.
One Pan Spinach Cheese and Fire Roasted Tomato Pasta is a quick and easy meal. I used several different ingredients to create the sauce, giving it a depth of flavor even though it cooks in such little time. You’ll be amazed at the flavor!
My One Pan Minute Spinach Cheese and Fire Roasted Tomato Pasta is a meatless meal. However, you can easily add cooked chicken. Rotisserie chicken would be great in it, but use whatever leftover chicken you have. Italian sausage or pepperoni would also be a good addition to the pasta.
One Pan Spinach Cheese and Fire Roasted Tomato Pasta Tips
- I used fire roasted diced tomatoes. You can use fire roasted, peeled whole tomatoes. I would not substitute plain canned tomatoes in this recipe. The fire roasting gives the tomatoes a unique flavor.
- Always use freshly grated parmesan, not the pre-grated, jarred parmesan. The difference in taste is like night and day.
- I used dollops of ricotta in the pasta. You could skip it (but why?) or you can use goat cheese or cottage cheese.
- I used a mild enchilada sauce, kick the flavor up in your pasta and use hot if you prefer.
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 24 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 to 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 12 ounce Barilla® Pronto™ pasta
- 4-6 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375.
- In a large skillet on the stove top, cook pasta according to package directions.
- When water is boiled out, add pesto, garlic, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and balsamic vinegar to the pasta. Stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper and taste. adjust seasoning.
- Stir in spinach, tomatoes, and heavy cream
- Dollop ricotta in pasta.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over pasta
- Bake in 375 degree oven until ricotta and parmesan have melted about 15 minutes
- Serve hot.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Visit Barilla® Pronto™ for store locator, recipes, and more!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® . The opinions and text are all mine.