One Pan Spinach Cheese and Fire Roasted Tomato Pasta is just plain good eatin’! Pasta and cheese, the epitome of comfort food.
This is the new Barilla® Pronto™ pasta that you’ve been hearing about. It cooks in one pan in 10 minutes. There’s waiting for water to boil and no need to drain. It’s al dente perfect in minutes; this is super convenient for busy parents!
Barilla® Pronto™ comes in five shapes: Elbows, Rotini, Penne, Spaghetti and Linguine.
I used rotini in my recipe, but you can use whichever shape you have on hand.
This recipe is a quick and easy meal. I used several different ingredients to create the sauce, giving it a depth of flavor even though it cooks in such little time. You’ll be amazed at the flavor!
This recipe is a meatless meal. However, you can easily add cooked chicken. Rotisserie chicken would be great in it, but use whatever leftover chicken you have. Italian sausage or pepperoni would also be a good addition to the pasta.
One Pan Spinach Cheese and Fire Roasted Tomato Pasta Tips
- I used fire-roasted diced tomatoes. You can use fire-roasted, peeled whole tomatoes. I would not substitute plain canned tomatoes in this recipe. The fire roasting gives the tomatoes a unique flavor.
- Always use freshly grated parmesan, not the pre-grated, jarred parmesan. The difference in taste is like night and day.
- As well, I used dollops of ricotta in the pasta. You could skip it (but why?) or you can use goat cheese or cottage cheese.
- Finally, I used a mild enchilada sauce, kick the flavor up in your pasta and use hot if you prefer.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
One Pan Spinach Cheese and Fire Roasted Tomato Pasta
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 24 ounces diced fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 to 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 12 ounce Barilla® Pronto™ pasta
- 4-6 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375.
- In a large skillet on the stove top, cook pasta according to package directions.
- When water is boiled out, add pesto, garlic, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and balsamic vinegar to the pasta. Stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper and taste. adjust seasoning.
- Stir in spinach, tomatoes, and heavy cream
- Dollop ricotta in pasta.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over pasta
- Bake in 375°F oven until ricotta and parmesan have melted about 15 minutes
- Serve hot.