If you love Oreos and ooey, gooey cobblers, you’ll love my 3 Step Oreo Cookie Dump Cobbler recipe. It’s an easy dump-type dessert with crushed Oreo cookies, a traditional cobbler crust, and rich buttery caramel sauce.
It’s a unique and flavorful party in your mouth!
This recipe is totally the result of a suggestion from my youngest son, Ryder. He requested, ‘Oreos baked into a cake’. As a result, I developed this decadent cobbler!
If you’re looking for an easy dessert recipe, this 3 Step Oreo Cookie Dump Cobbler can be ready in 45 minutes. Consequently, thirty of those minutes are baking time. Therefore, it takes very little hands-on time.
The three easy steps are: melt butter, layer batter, pour hot water on top! Easy peasy!
- 5 tablespoon butter no substitutions
- 12 to 15 Oreo cookies crumbled
- 1 and 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cup hot water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut butter into cubes and place in 9x13 inch baking pan.
Allow butter to melt.
Remove pan from oven and randomly place crumbled Oreo cookies in a single layer in the bottom of the pan.
In a bowl, combine flour, 1 ucp granulated sugar, vanilla, and milk. Stir to combine, but do not over-mix.
Pour mixture evenly over cookies.
Evenly sprinkle brown sugar over batter.
Gently pour hot water over batter and cookies in the dish.
Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Allow to cool and set 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
3 Step Oreo Cookie Dump Cobbler
- First of all, I like the results of using self-rising flour with this recipe. Therefore, I cannot guarantee the success of using all-purpose flour since this is not how I make it. The substitution to use all purpose flour is: Combine 1 cup of all–purpose flour with 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Sift the flour before measuring. Most of all, learn how to properly measure flour. I wrote a detailed post, you can read it here.
- Also, you’ll need to measure the brown sugar ‘packed’. That means fill your cup with brown sugar and firmly press it down. Add more sugar and press again until the cup is full.
- Finally, hot water is hot to the touch, it does not have to be boiling.
In addition, if you like this 3 Step Oreo Cookie Dump Cobbler, you may also like these recipes.
I was also featured at Fave Southern Recipes for this very popular, mouth-watering cake, Trisha Yearwood Lemon Pound Cake recipe.