ABlueberry Cream Cheese Dump Cake has got to be the easiest cake in the world to make. Fresh blueberries sit on the bottom with chunks of cream cheese scattered throughout. All this goodness is topped with a buttery cake layer.
Some people may call this a dump cake. Some people may call it a cobbler. Regardless of the name, everyone will call it good.
This Blueberry Cream Cheese Dump Cake is so easy to make and you only need one bowl. It’s juicy from the fresh berries and will remind you of a cobbler in this regard.
It’s my go-to dessert recipe for pot-luck dinners and easy entertaining during the summer. I do suggest making two cakes. It’s always the first to go!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Dump Cake
- Using fresh blueberries, all the ingredients are layered in a pan and baked to perfection!
- As well, I used fresh blueberries, but you can use frozen.
- Not a fan of blueberries, you may want to use strawberries, raspberries or apples.
- The cream cheese is optional. However,I think it adds to the cake, but if you’re not a fan simply omit it from the recipe.
- Ideally, you would allow the milk and egg to come to room temperature before mixing this dump cake and baking it. However, I have made it with the eggs and milk cold. For this particular recipe, it works. For a pound cake, it would not be advised.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
I created a fun group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join it! It’s a place where you can ask questions, see what’s new with Call Me PMc, and find new recipes from my blogger friends. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk 1%, 2% or whole may be used
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups blueberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place butter in 9x13 inch cake pan and place in oven for butter to melt.
- Mix together the egg, milk, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Removed pan with melted butter and gently pour batter over butter.
- Evenly spread the blueberries over the batter. Do not stir.
- Place cubes of cream cheese over berries so that each piece when sliced will have some cream cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
What’s your favorite cobbler or dump cake?