Some people may call this a dump cake. Some people may call it a cobbler. Regardless of the name, everyone will call it good.
It’s my go-to dessert recipe for pot-luck dinners and easy entertaining during the summer. I do suggest making two cakes. It’s always the first to go!
Cream Cheese Dump Cake
- Using fresh blueberries, all the ingredients are layered in a pan and baked to perfection!
- As well, I used fresh blueberries, but you can use frozen.
- Not a fan of blueberries, you may want to use strawberries, raspberries or apples.
cream cheeseis optional. However,I think it adds to the cake, but if you’re not a fan simply omit it from the recipe.
- Ideally, you would allow the milk and egg to come to room temperature before mixing this dump cake and baking it. However, I have made it with the eggs and milk cold. For this particular recipe, it works. For a pound cake, it would not be advised.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
I created a fun group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join it! It’s a place where you can ask questions, see what’s new with Call Me PMc, and find new recipes from my blogger friends. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Dump Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ½ cup butter
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk 1%, 2% or whole may be used
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups blueberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place butter in 9x13 inch cake pan and place in oven for butter to melt.
- Mix together the egg, milk, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Removed pan with melted butter and gently pour batter over butter.
- Evenly spread the blueberries over the batter. Do not stir.
- Place cubes of cream cheese over berries so that each piece when sliced will have some cream cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
What’s your favorite cobbler or dump cake?