Ryder said matter-of-factly this morning, “When I get big, I’m going to have a restaurant where bacon is not a side. I want the bacon to be the main dish!!” That’s my boy!! lol! He then went on to say, “And at my restaurant, I’m not going to pay my people much. I want to keep all the money for myself!” Yep, I don’t have to worry about this one, He’s going to be just fine!
This recipe is beyond simple and absolutely delectable! Two ingredients plus oil for frying is all you need!
These donuts cook up soft and fluffy. Who knew you can fry canned biscuits into an amazing donut? Plus, the granulated sugar coating adds just enough sweetness for breakfast to jump-start your energy levels.
My kids and I can eat the donuts by themselves. You can easily add this Breakfast Casserole for a brunch with friends.
Additionally, grab a couple of cans of biscuits when they’re on sale and you have a rather inexpensive breakfast!
Donuts from Canned Biscuits
- You can use any kind of biscuits for this recipe. Even the flaky biscuits will fry nicely.
- It’s easier to use an apple corer or melon baller or even small cookie cutters to cut the center hole.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Chocolate Glazed Strawberry Chocolate Chip Donuts
- Two Ingredient Blueberry Cake Donuts
- Blackberry Cake Donuts with Lemon Glaze
- Baked Vanilla Donuts
Donuts from Canned BiscuitsPrint Pin Rate
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 can refrigerated canned biscuits
- oil for frying
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon optional
for a glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together. Or, make glaze
- Use any kind of canned biscuits.
- Cut or tear a hole in the center. This is a great time to have the kids help you!
- Heat vegetable oil to 375 degrees. Place your donuts in and cook until brown.
- Turn and brown the second side.
- When you remove from oil, immediately dip in sugar.
- I used granulated sugar, because that’s what we used when I was a child and I was on a nostalgic kick.
- Feel free to use powdered sugar or make a glaze. Whisk 3 Tablespoons milk and 1 cup powdered sugar together until smooth.