Chocolate Glazed Strawberry Chocolate Chip Donuts are a lightened up version of your favorite treat! Thanks to Almond Breeze Almondmilk Hint of Honey Vanilla for sponsoring this post.
How did I make donuts lighter? Chocolate Glazed Strawberry Chocolate Chip Donuts are baked not fried, contain low calorie Almond Breeze Almondmilk Hint of Honey Vanilla and fresh, juicy strawberries. They are full of flavor.
I love to bake with Almond Breeze Almondmilk, it keeps the calories down without losing any flavor. Almond Breeze Almondmilk is rich and creamy with a hint of real honey. It doesn’t contain dairy, soy, lactose, cholesterol, peanuts, casein, gluten, eggs, saturated fat and MSG. It has 60 calories per serving and full of nutrients. You may want to see all the nutritional information here. It’s available in both refrigerated and Shelf-Stable (pictured below), which means it doesn’t have to be refrigerated until you open it. This is great for traveling!
I made Chocolate Glazed Strawberry Chocolate Chip Donuts with Almond Breeze Almondmilk, egg whites, honey and old fashioned rolled oats. All of these ingredients are nutrient dense without adding a lot of calories.
Chocolate Glazed Strawberry Chocolate Chip Donuts
- How to make your Chocolate Glazed Strawberry Chocolate Chip Donuts bakery quality? I added mini chocolate chips. You could leave the chocolate chips out and save a few calories, but the chips really make them decadent.
- Also optional, but totally worth extra cardio is the chocolate glaze. A few simple ingredients make up this glaze and can be used on cakes, brownies, cookies, ice cream or with a big spoon!
- A tip on fresh strawberries. Dry the strawberries after washing with a paper towel to remove as much water as possible. Extra water will affect the batter and you want just the strawberries, no water.
- Homemade baked donuts are ready in 20 minutes
- Substitute your favorite fresh fruit for the strawberries.
- Substitute any of the Almond Breeze Almondmilk varieties in this recipe
Like, my son said, these are really muffins cooked in a donut pan. (that’s on Instagram, go ahead and click to follow for behind the scenes ramblings.) He may be right you can totally make these into muffins if you don’t have a donut pan. Glazing donuts is acceptable, however glazing muffins makes them cupcakes which is frowned upon for breakfast. Make donuts and we’re in the clear! wink-wink.
- 1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats do not use instant
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Hint of Honey Vanilla
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray donut pan with non-stick spray. My recipe made 8 donuts. My pan has 6 cavaties so I had to bake in two batches.
- Add flour, oats, Almondmilk, honey, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a large bowl. Stir to combine, but don't over-stir.
- Fold in strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into donut pan or I find it easier to transfer the batter to a zip-top bag, snip the corner off and add it to the donut pan that way. Much less messy.
- Fill almost to the top of the pan. Be careful not to over fill or the centers will bake closed.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, mine took 13 minutes.
- When done the tops will be set and firm. Test by inserting a wooden pick, if it comes out clean or with dry crumbs they are done.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan 2 minutes before transfers to a wire rack.
- Stir together glaze: Heat chocolate chips and butter in microwave on high at 30 second intervals. For such a small amount, it will probably only take 60 seconds.
- Stir until smooth, add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Dip warm muffins in glaze.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe
This post, Chocolate Glazed Strawberry Chocolate Chip Donuts, is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter for all the latest recipes!
If you like these Chocolate Glazed Strawberry Chocolate Chip Donuts, you may also like