Praline Muffins are decadent bites of buttery pecan-filled muffins. Soft and moist, this muffin recipe is quick and easy to make. It’s a nice treat any day for breakfast or snack.
- There is no baking powder or baking soda, in these muffins. The eggs are the leavener.
- Salt is added to the recipe to taste. You can omit it if you prefer.
- You can use salted or unsalted butter. I always use salted, but it is a personal taste preference.
- This is a very thick batter.
- I used granulated sugar to roll the cooked muffin. You can omit it. As well, you can add a pinch of cinnamon or pumpkin spice to the sugar.
A play off the Southern dessert, Pecan Praline, my Praline Muffins, are two bites of buttery pleasure!
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon salt to your taste
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar, and flour.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla, and butter.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients. Stir well.
- Spoon into muffin pans, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake 14 minutes.
- When golden brown, immediately remove muffins from pan roll in sugar covering completely. Enjoy!