Chocolate Praline Bundt Cake is a decadent bundt cake recipe that’s smothered with chocolate ganache. A surprise is baked into this cake giving it the praline flavor and it all starts with a cake mix!
This rich and tender chocolate cake has a container of coconut pecan frosting baked into it giving it a moist and buttery flavor.
Chocolate Praline Bundt Cake starts with a cake mix. I love cake mix. It makes baking quick and easy. The fact is, aside from over-baking or under-baking, you can’t go wrong with a cake mix. You can make a cake per the package directions or you can change up the liquid, oil, and add-ins and make a completely different cake.
Chocolate Praline Bundt Cake
You can transform a cake from a mix into a gourmet creation as I’ve done with this Chocolate Praline Bundt Cake. I wanted to make a ‘fancier’ version of my son’s favorite cake, the Chocolate Coca Cola Cake, for his birthday celebration. I picked up Pillsbury cake mix and frosting for a quicker, albeit, easier, version of that chocolate cake.
This cake is beautiful, you have to admit. It’s very impressive. Plus, it’s super easy to make since it starts with cake mix and premade frosting!
How do you make this cake?
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, add the cake mix, oil, milk, and eggs.
- Mix these ingredients for two minutes.
- Next, add the store-bought frosting.
- Stir it in my hand or mix it on low until the frosting is incorporated into the mix.
- Pour the batter into your greased bundt pan.
- Finally, bake in a 350° oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
I made a simple chocolate icing and garnished it with pecans and coconut. You may choose to use another frosting or leave it plain.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
Chocolate Praline Bundt Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and milk. Beat well.
- Add frosting and stir until combined.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Cool 15 minutes in the pan before inverting to a serving platter to cool completely.
- Frost cool cake with chocolate frosting.
- Sift sugar.
- Remove from heat, after the sugar has been added.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Immediately pour over cake.
- If icing is too thin, add additional sifted sugar 1/4 cup at a time until desired thickness or sit it in the refrigerator a few minutes. Take it out and whisk it until creamy again.
- Frosting will thicken as it cools, but it'll be harder to spread.
I’ve made these cakes with cake mix. Be sure to check them out.