Gooey Pumpkin Bars with Praline Topping is richer version of pumpkin pie with a cake mix crust!
They are creamy, dreamy, and delicious!
I used to not be a fan of pumpkin. Not savory or sweet pumpkin recipes. But, as predicted, my tastes changed and I like pumpkin desserts now. I can still say I’m not a huge fan of savory pumpkin dishes.
Pumpkin is very similar in taste to sweet potatoes. And, I grew up eating and loving sweet potatoes. After all, I live the Sweet Potato Capital of the world!!
Gooey Pumpkin Bars with Praline Topping Tips
Let this cool before slicing. It really needs to set or this dessert will crumble.
I like to take bars instead of pie to potlucks because they go further.
Plus, I like the filling to crust ratio for these bars. It has a less filling and more crust ratio.
Finally, the praline topping is everything! So good!
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Gooey Pumpkin Bars with Praline Topping
- 1 package white or yellow cake mix take out 1/2 cup for filling and 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 large egg
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup cake mix from the 1 box listed above
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch pan with heavy foil sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Combine crust ingredients 6 T melted butter, cake mix (see above) and 1 egg. Mixture wil be thick and the consistancy of cookie dough. Press into prepared pan.
- Combine pumpkin, 3 eggs, 1/2 c cake mix, and 5 oz can evaporated milk mix until smooth. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate to store.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.