Cinnamon Biscuits are rich, buttery biscuits that’s filled with a cinnamon filling. These biscuits taste much like cinnamon rolls but require no wait time to allow for them to rise. Additionally, they are easily made with pantry staples you’re sure to have.
Sharing a great Cinnamon Biscuits recipe with you today, but first a little story…
Have you ever done something totally embarrassing?
I guess since you’re human you have. Just maybe you didn’t blog about it for the entire world to know the depths of your goofiness… but, oh well, here goes. I’m sure if you’re a regular follower or know me personally, you already know how goofy I am! At this point, I’m kind of giggling about it… kind of.
Today a ran by our local home-town grocery store, not the big superstore where no one would have even noticed you unless you had purple hair, stripper shorts, and pleather thigh-high boots. Admit it, you’ve all seen the funny pics of People of Wal-Mart….
I digress. I ran into the small home-town grocery store where Bob (that’s his real name, not Billy Joe Jim Bob… just Bob) greets me, asks about the kids and if I’ll be having steak again this week. You see, we always get a ‘his’ and ‘hers’ fillet, no bacon, for weekend grilling.
‘Kids are good. Yes, sir, I’d like the regular’ and proceed to the Meat Market. Now, there are 9 guys that work in the meat market. They nod. I nod. I continue shopping… shopping… shopping…looking (I’m picky about meat) and I notice they’re all looking at me….. looking…. staring…. I’m feeling pretty good at this point. I thought I looked super cute today, I guess I do. I catch my reflection in the window. Good hair. Still got makeup on. Cool! I still may have it….
They bring the steaks, I collect a couple of other items and check out, feeling pretty good about myself. I sashay to the car and get in, grab the seat belt, and *whoa* my fly is open!!! All the way open!!! I mean, seriously!!!! O-P-E-N!!
omgoodness, my self-confidence…shattered! Not only that, I can not, will not, go back to that store until I’m quite sure there has been a complete turnover in employees!
I’m drowning my embarrassment in these quick and easy Cinnamon Biscuits, because, well, I just don’t know what else to do! zip…..
Cinnamon Biscuits & Embarrassing Moments
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoon granulated sugar divided
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream whole milk or evaporated milk may be used, if too dry at more milk one tablespoon at a time.
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoon butter softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cup confectioners sugar
- With a fork, mix 2 Tablespoons butter, 2 Tablespoons sugar, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon together; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with vegetable spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, remaining granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour in the cream and stir until combined. Don't over mix.
- Score the dough into 9 squares. Bake 15 to 19 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix milk, vanilla, and sugar until smooth. Pour over hot biscuits. Serve warm.