Cleaning Tips using Baking Soda – Below is a list of the unique uses of baking soda. It’s environmentally safe and economical, costing only pennies peruse.
Cleaning Tips using Baking Soda
- Carpet Deodorizer. Sprinkle on dry carpet and let sit for 15 minutes before vacuuming it up.
- Sponge dirt and scuff mark off doors, walls, countertops.
- Use in the kitchen to clean and deodorize without scratching services.
- Remove stains from tea and coffee pots and mugs.
- For burnt-on foods: Dampen the area with burnt-on foods then sprinkle on baking soda, allow to sit overnight, wipe clean.
- Cleans and deodorizes stainless steel sinks.
- Make a baking soda solution with water and clean plastic storage containers, soak overnight to remove stubborn odors.
- Sprinkle in the dishwasher, garbage, and garbage disposal to remove odors. (Run dishwasher as usual.)
- Place an open box in the freezer and refrigerator to keep odor-free.
- Upholster – pet and children spills. Clean the affected area with club soda. Allow the area to dry well. Sprinkle on baking soda and allow to sit 15 minutes before vacuuming.
- Place an open box of baking soda in the hamper and diaper disposal, sprinkle in sneakers to absorb odors.
- Remove crayon marks from walls and painted furniture easily, sprinkle on a damp sponge and scrub gently to avoid damaging paint or wallpaper. Wipe clean.
- In the laundry: Add 1/2 c baking soda to regular liquid detergent to whiten socks and dirty clothes. Removes odors from sportswear, towels, and sheets, add 1/2 c baking soda to regular laundry detergent.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Ritz Bits Churros
- Boy Scout Snack Mix
- Baked Seasoned Ritz Bits
- Salty Sweet Caramel Snack Mix
- Ultimate Snack Mix
- Halloween Snack Mix
You may also enjoy this lifestyle content.
- How to Soften Brown Sugar
- Tips for Safely Cooking, Storing, and Handling Meat
- 12 easy baking powder substitute
- How to Prep Cook and Store Fresh Basil
- How to make heavy cream
- Mojito magic: Wow your party guests with a DIY mojito bar.
- How to season a cast iron skillet
- Toasting Pecans – Mastering the Technique
- Meat the best: Top 5 steaks perfect for grilling
- How to Soften Cream Cheese
- How To Tenderize Steak: Mastering the Art
- How to grill burgers on gas, charcoal or pellet grills
- 10+ Boozy 21st Birthday Gift Ideas in 2023
- Slicing & dicing superstars: The Best Kitchen Knives
- 6 Types of Cocktails Everyone Should Know
- Building a Gluten-Free Pantry
- How to change your email on your Android
- Top 10 tips for using long shelf-life foods