Boy Scout Snack Mix is crunchy, spicy and completely irresistible!
This Boy Scout Snack Mix, is a great snack for active boys, it’s easy to make. If fact, they can easily make it themselves.
Boy Scout Snack Mix is full of crunchy, crispy crackers and chips, hearty nuts and lots of spice.
Make your own snack mix and save money. Also, it’s highly adaptable to your taste. If you don’t like pretzels, add more cheese crackers or Chex cereal. I used Bugels, cheese crackers, peanut, almonds and more of my favorites.
Boy Scout Snack Mix makes a great party snack, camping snack, or gift.
Boy Scout Snack Mix
Yield 22 cups
Full of crunchy and spicy goodness, Boy Scout Snack Mix is not only good as a snack, but makes a great gift too.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) bag Bugles chips, nacho or regular flavor
- 1 (7 ounce) boxes cheese crackers
- 2 cups peanuts, almonds, or mixed nuts
- 4 cups oyster crackers
- 4 cups pretzel pieces, mini pretzel twists or sticks
- 6 tablespoon (2 envelopes) ranch seasoning
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup popcorn oil
- Heat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Combine Bugles, crackers, nuts, oyster crackers, and pretzels in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, ranch and chili powder in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat 1 minute, stir to combine.
- Pour oil mixture over crackers and stir to coat.
- Spread evenly on a sheet tray.
- Bake 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- **Alternately, cook the snack mix on a closed-top grill on a low flame. Stir often. Depending on grill temperature, cook 45 to 60 minutes.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
or follow me on email…
Get more snacks like Boy Scout Snack Mix here.