Boy Scout Snack Mix is crunchy, spicy and completely irresistible!
This Boy Scout Snack Mix is a great snack for active boys. It’s easy to make. If fact, they can easily make it themselves.
Boy Scout Snack Mix is full of crunchy, crispy crackers and chips, hearty nuts and lots of spice.
Make your own snack mix and save money. Also, it’s highly adaptable to your taste. If you don’t like pretzels, add more cheese crackers or Chex cereal. I used Bugels, cheese crackers, peanut, almonds and more of my favorites.
This makes a great party snack, camping snack, or gift.
How to make Boy Scout Snack Mix
This mix cooks in a low oven. You’ll want to preheat it to 225°F.
- Pour oil mixture over crackers and stir to coat all the crackers really good.
Spread the crackers evenly on a sheet tray.
Bake for 60 minutes at 225°F. You’ll want to stir the snack mix every 15 minutes so that it doesn’t get too brown on one side.
- When you remove it from the oven, it’s ready to serve.
- If you’re going to be serving it later, cool the snack mix completely before storing in an airtight container.
Is there an alternate method to make this recipe?
Boy Scout Snack Mix
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 14.5 ounce bag Bugles chips nacho or regular flavor
- 7 -ounce box cheese crackers
- 2 cups peanuts almonds, or mixed nuts
- 4 cups oyster crackers
- 4 cups pretzel pieces mini pretzel twists or sticks
- 6 tablespoons ranch seasoning that's 2 envelopes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup popcorn oil I use this, it's the best for this recipe. You can sub another oil.
- Heat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Combine oil, ranch and chili powder in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat 1 minute in the microwave, stir to combine.
- Pour oil mixture over crackers and stir to coat.
- Spread evenly on a sheet tray.
- Bake 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- **Alternately, cook the snack mix on a closed-top grill on a low flame. Stir often. Depending on grill temperature, cook 45 to 60 minutes.
Get more snacks like Boy Scout Snack Mix here.