Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders Recipe, a healthier oven-baked chicken tender recipe that has that popular crunch of fried chicken. Almonds add a slightly nutty flavor along with a crispy outside that you get from fried chicken.
Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders Recipe will become your favorite alternative to fried chicken tenders.
I’ve been working with Blue Diamond since May and every new flavor I get is my favorite. I didn’t know almonds came in so many different delicious flavors.
My current favorite is the Bold Wasabi Soy Sauce and the Bold Sriracha. I challenge you to try them and not eat the whole can in one day!
As well, I love to serve snacks for football watching parties that include almonds. I made Almond Crusted Goat Cheese Rounds that were a big hit with both guys and girls. You can serve them on greens as a salad, but for an appetizer, I simply serve with my favorite crackers. Another very simple options is to serve a fruit tray with various almond selections or a cheese plate with almond options.
I wanted to make a hearty appetizer for the guys to watch game day. I dredged chicken tenders in crushed almonds and flour and baked them until golden.
Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders Recipe are perfectly crunchy on the outside while being tenders and juicy on the inside. I paired the Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders Recipe with a Sriracha Dipping Sauce that is spicy and creamy. My Honey Mustard Sauce would be another tasty sauce for the chicken.
Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders Recipe
- You can pan fry the tenders in 1/2 inch oil if you prefer that to baking.
- I lightened the Sriracha Dipping Sauce with light mayonnaise and fat-free Greek yogurt. You can use regular ingredients if you prefer.
- I used a smokehouse flavored almond. You can use plain or any flavor you prefer.
- You can substitute an egg white for the egg in the coating mixture.
- Substitute 1% or fat-free milk, almond milk, or cashew milk in this recipe.
- I highly recommend cooking the Almond Crusted Tenders Recipe on a wire rack otherwise the bottom will not get crispy.
- Recommended gluten-free crackers
- Recommended low carb crackers (also gluten-free) and I like these too.
Almond Crusted Chicken Tenders Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 8 to 10 chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup almonds ground fine in a food processor
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 tablespoon olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk.
- Place chicken tenders in a zip top bag and pound to 1/4 inch thickness with a mallet.
- Remove from bag and dip first in egg mixture allowing it to drain slightly before dredging in almond mixture.
- Place on wire rack.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, sriracha, honey and vinegar until smooth.
- Refrigerate sauce for up to one week.
- Recommended gluten-free crackers> https://amzn.to/3tdSLYj
- Recommended low carb crackers> https://amzn.to/2MDoilC (also gluten-free) and I like these too> https://amzn.to/2KWpyzy
Can I make this without the bread crumbs? Low carb diet.
Yes, it’ll be wonderful without the panko. It will be a little less crispy but still taste great.
Rita Root says
is this chicken baked or fried?
Baked in the oven at 400 degrees for 20(+) minutes
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Love this healthier variation to chicken tenders! I need to try those bold sriracha almonds!
Yummy idea! I have only seen coconut crusted chicken.
Aria | Purrfectly Inspired says
Wow, those look really tasty! I love chicken tenders. Yum!