After Blue Diamond Almonds sent me Lightly Salted and Roasted Salted Almonds to try, I knew I had to make Almond Crusted Goat Cheese. This is such an easy two-ingredient, no-bake recipe. It’s good as a quick appetizer or as a salad on a bed of lettuce.
Tangy goat cheese rolled in crushed almonds is simple but impressive enough to wow guests.
We spend our 4th of July at the lake this year. Having a little family and friends adventure close to home. We rode in the boat, pulled the kids on skis and intertube all day.
They were exhausted but didn’t want to stop. It’s a good thing I planned and brought hearty snacks on the boat with us. Of course, everyone should #FlavorYourAdventure with BlueDiamond Almonds. I brought along Roasted Salted Almonds and Lightly Salted Almonds to snack on, then I used the same almonds on a cheese board and salad at dinner.
I love simple entertaining ideas during the summer. An uncomplicated cheese plate is always a hit. But, plain doesn’t need to be boring, you can kick up that cheese tray with these.
If you need something more filling than a cheese tray for guests, top a green salad with the Almond Crusted Goat Cheese and serve it as the first course.
You can’t go wrong with either option for fuss-free summer entertaining.
Almond Crusted Goat Cheese
There are a couple of different ways you can make this appetizer.
- Simply slice rounds of goat cheese from the goat cheese log and press crushed almonds into the cheese.
- Roll the goat cheese into balls, then roll them in almonds. This reminds me of a savory goat cheese truffle and is perfect for cheese trays.
- Form a large ball or roll the log of goat cheese in crushed or sliced almonds. Using this method, you’ll need to serve it with crackers or chips.
For an Almond Crusted Goat Cheese salad, here are a couple of options for you.
- I chose the easiest method for my cheese and left them uncooked. I didn’t bake or fry them. Using my method you can make the salads beforehand and store in the refrigerator if you’re entertaining.
- I would serve this salad with a tangy salad dressing, like a Balsamic Dressing, Texas Vinaigrette, Sweet & Sour Vinaigrette or a Raspberry Vinaigrette. A creamy dressing with the creamy cheese is, well, too much creamy!
- Add fresh strawberries, raspberries or blackberries to your salad and top it the goat cheese as you would croutons.
Almond Crusted Goat Cheese
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 5 tablespoons almonds crushed
- Cut cheese into even sliced discs about 1/2 inch thick.
- Measure almonds after they have been chopped. You will need approximately 5 tablespoons, more or less depending on how heavily you coat the cheese
- Carefully, roll and press the almonds into the goat cheese, smaller pieces of almonds 'stick' better.
- Serve on cheese tray or on salad.
If you like this Almond Crusted Goat Cheese with Blue Diamond Almonds you may enjoy my other posts with Blue Diamond and AlmondBreeze.
Baked Breaded Cauliflower Bites