Brighten your day with these little bits of sunshine! Orange Muffins are topped with a sweet citrus glaze and make a tasty on-the-go breakfast.
It happens every year. I don’t know why I’m surprised. I don’t even know why I’m not prepared, but for some reason, I always think it won’t be bad this time. I’m talking about May Mayhem. Every year, May becomes the craziest, busiest month. To put it nicely, ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!! We have
- Last minute fund-raisers, field trips, tests, and parties at school
- Wrapping up one year and beginning another in Junior Auxiliary
- Preparing for camps for the boys
- Preparing for family vacation
- Now, with the blog, add contests and deadlines to the mix
Recently my Mommie Calendar and my Bloggie Calendar have collided! Can I have another 8 hours in every day please?… Maybe I could just not sleep. Ok, really that’s NOT an option. I love my sleep.
I love to go to bed early, get up early, run, then eat a good breakfast. (You do know it’s the most important meal of the day, right?) I’m pretty sure the nutritionist that proclaimed that didn’t intend on a person eating my Orange Marmalade Rolls , Old Fashion Cinnamon Rolls or these Easy and delicious Orange Muffins. Oh well, a splurge every few
hours days is alright!
Let’s get to the muffins!
This is a simple, straightforward recipe. If you want to jazz it up, dried cranberries would add flavor and texture. Fresh strawberries or raspberries would be tasty as well. I opted not to add these because my boys are purist at the moment.
It’s a classic wet meets dry ingredient mix. I baked my Orange Muffins in mini muffin tins because minis are always more fun. Of course, you can make them in standard size and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
For the muffins
- 2 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 24 mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set in the center. Muffins will not brown very much.
- Mix glaze: Whisk 2 c powdered sugar and 1/2 c orange juice until smooth
- Remove from pan and immediately submerge in Orange glaze, coating entire muffin. Allow to drain on a wire rack. Place waxed paper under rack for easy clean up.
- Serve immediately.
I love these breakfast bread too!
You can also find great recipes at my recipe index and Meal Plan Monday
Kaz @ Melting Moments says
I’m definitely baking these when our orange tree ripens!
Thank you for visiting~ Paula
I love putting orange zest into cakes, delicious 🙂
Julie @ This Gal Cooks says
Ah so cute and little! Makes it perfect for a tiny treat!
Eva Gallant says
okay, okay! I’m drooling all over my keyboard!
lol! Can you tell I have a sweet tooth?
I might just have to get up early tomorrow and make these muffins…..they look so good!!!
Thank you, I consider any recipe a success if my boys eat it, they loved these.
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says
I have everything for these muffins 🙂 My boys would love ’em!
Jamie, my boys loved them. It helped that I told them they were Orange donut muffins! 🙂
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says
I’m making these for breakfast in the morning! Can’t wait 🙂 We can’t wait to see what you share at tomorrow’s All My Bloggy Friends!