Crispy panko crusted Leftover Loaded Mashed Potato Pancakes are a fun and delicious way to enjoy leftover mashed potatoes. They go from fridge to table in just minutes.
Loaded with bacon and cheese, these potato cakes are also coated in Panko and pan sauteed to a golden perfection. This makes them crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. They may justs be your family’s favorite new side dish.
Potato pancakes is a recipe from my childhood. We didn’t have them often, but they were one of my favorite side dishes. I added bacon, cheese, and panko to them to make them even better. They tasted like a loaded baked potato, but better.
Leftover Loaded Mashed Potato Pancakes
- There are, of course, many options for different spices and topping for your Leftover Loaded Mashed Potato Pancakes. If you prefer, you could mix in ham instead of bacon.
- Try topping your Leftover Loaded Mashed Potato Pancakes with a dollop of sour cream and green onions or chives.
- Another option, if you like hash browns for breakfast, this is a great replacement for hashbrowns. Top your potato cakes with a fried egg and hollandaise sauce.
- Finally, if you’re purist, a generous dunk in Lulu’s Wow Sauce or Light Copycat Outback Blooming Onion Sauce would make them out-of-this-world!
- Depending on the consistency of your potatoes, you may need to add a little flour to your mixture. You want the cakes to stick together but not be too sticky. Start with two tablespoons of all-purpose flour and add more if needed.
- Purchase my favorite kitchen items at Paula’s Picks.
You may also like these potato recipes
This recipe is a great way to use leftover mashed potatoes. Leftover Loaded Mashed Potato Pancakes have great flavor from the bacon. They are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- 3 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 3 cups cold leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt adjust to your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
Cook the bacon, remove, chop, and reserve drippings.
Mix the mashed potatoes, eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
Stir in the bacon and cheese
Form the mixture into 8 patties.
Coat the patties in panko.
Heat the bacon drippings over medium heat and pan-fry the patties about 4 minutes per side.
Remove and drain on a paper towel.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.