One Pan Best Damn Jalapeno Popper Hash Brown Casserole Recipe is the ultimate potluck dish that’s always a crowd-pleaser. A classic side dish kicked up and a staple for holidays and parties!
This tastes like Loaded Baked Potatoes. Basically, it is, but this recipe has a little spice from the jalapenos. As well, because of the ease of store-bought hash browns, it’s quick and easy to make.
You may like these too
Jalapeno Popper Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
This recipe is creamy, cheesy, and total comfort food. If you’ve never had a hash brown casserole, this is the one to make! It’s all made in one pan. It’s loaded with bacon, cheese, and jalapenos. And, it goes well with any main entree.
Be assured, that this will be a hit whenever it’s served.
This hash brown casserole recipe takes just a couple extra steps than the traditional hash brown casserole, but it’s totally worth the extra effort. First I cooked the bacon. Next, I cooked the jalapenos and onions. Mixing together and baking is the next step, and you’ve got an amazing side dish.
Do the hash browns need to be thawed?
I do recommend using the thawed hash browns. You can simply set them in the refrigerator to thaw the morning before you make the recipe. Or, you can microwave them for a few minutes.
Using thawed hash browns will shorten your cooking time.
Can I freeze this casserole?
Yes, you can. You can freeze it before you bake it or after. Of course, I wouldn’t freeze it in a cast-iron skillet! Make sure you use a freezer-to-oven dish.
To freeze, I would seal tightly with plastic wrap then aluminum foil. You can freeze it for up to 3 months.
Additionally, thaw the casserole in the refrigerator before you bake or reheat it.
Enjoy these too
One Pan Best Damn Jalapeno Popper Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
- 6 to 8 slices thick-cut bacon (more it you prefer)
- 1 small onion diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium jalapenos seeded and diced
- 16 ounces shredded hash brown potatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes to melt faster
- 2 and 1/2 cup grated cheddar Colby cheese mix (You can use all cheddar or other favorite cheese)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (whole, 2%, or 1% milk can be used)
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- In a 10.5-inch iron skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain. Reserve grease.
- Add onion and jalapeno to pan with bacon grease and cook 4 to 5 minutes on medium heat until onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook one minute longer.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and add cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese melts.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream (or milk), salt, pepper, hash browns, and 1/2 of the cheese. Stir to combine. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.