Mandarin Orange Salad has bright, fresh flavors and a little crunch. It’s bursting with delicious flavors. The best part it takes just minutes to make.
Mandarin Orange Salad + Quick Meals from Marie Callender’s makes weeknight dinners fun, healthy and delicious …and all for a good cause! Read on and I’ll explain!
Lookie, lookie what I have. Some times I like a simple dinner. Truth is, I add a fresh salad to a Marie Callender’s frozen meal on the regular during busy school nights.
Mandarin Orange Salad
I love it when I can use short-cut products for family meals. I grab a Marie Callender’s frozen meal and add a fresh salad to balance it out. By doing this I save a ton of time in the kitchen and still provide a delicious meal for my family. My Three Meat & Four Cheese Lasagna took 13 minutes to cook in the microwave. While it was cooking, I made this tasty Mandarin Orange Salad.
I used baby kale, but any salad green would work in this salad. For the salad, you’ll simply drain the oranges and toast the ramen noodles. You can do this easily during the time the lasagna is cooking.
There are only four ingredients in the salad dressing. You can mix it and shake it all in a jar, making for a quick and easy dressing.
This meal is so easy with great flavor combos. I find it impossible to get tired of lasagna, seriously I could eat it every day! The bright citrus salad brings it all together.
While you’re here, check out these salads
Mandarin Orange Salad + Quick Meals
- 6 cups baby kale baby spinach or other salad greens
- 11 ounce can mandarin orange slices drained
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- 3 ounce package ramen noodles discard spice pack
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Heat a pan to med-high and melt butter.
- Add ramen noodles and almonds and toast.
- Add greens to a large bowl, along with the oranges, almonds and noodles.
- Add dressing and serve.
- To a jar, add dressing ingredients.
- Secure lid and shake vigorously until well combined. Serve on salad.