Cheesy Cauliflower Gratin – This cheesy comfort food recipe has cauliflower as the base instead of pasta or rice. It’s a tasty way to add more vegetables to your diet.
Do you love to cook? Join the Southern Food Challenge!
This easy recipe makes a great side dish for any main. Tender steamed cauliflower is baked with cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and spices.
This cauliflower casserole is one of my go-to recipes. It’s great for potlucks, holiday dinners, weeknight dinners, and more! Furthermore, it’s lower in carbs than most casseroles and gluten-free.
You can add more vegetables by stirring in steamed broccoli or carrots. As well, you can add bacon.
If you arent’ looking for Keto-friendly, try topping this casserole with crushed
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY CAULIFLOWER GRATIN
- Cauliflower cut in small florets.
- Cream cheese I don’t recommend a low-fat version.
- Mayonnaise adds richness and flavor.
- Spices. salt, pepper, red pepper, dry mustard add flavor.
- Cheddar Cheese. You can use whatever cheese you have on hand or your favorite.
PREP THE OVEN AND STEAM
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and place a rack in the center of the oven.
- Add a steamer basket to a large pot filled 1/3 with water. Add the cauliflower to the basket and bring the water to a boil.
- Steam the cauliflower florets until they are fork-tender 10-15 minutes.
MAKE THE SAUCE
While the cauliflower is steam, make the sauce.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, mayo, cheese, salt, pepper, red pepper, dry mustard, garlic, and cheddar.
- Mix until combined
PUT CHEESY CAULIFLOWER GRATIN TOGETHER AND BAKE
- Once the cauliflower is steamed add it to the cream cheese mixture above.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour into your prepared 9×13-inch pan.
- Top with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and hot throughout.
MORE RECIPES TO ENJOY
- Creamy Parmesan Cauliflower
- Bang Bang Baked Cauliflower Bites
- Baked General Tso’s Cauliflower
- Keto Broccoli Casserole
- Scalloped Mascarpone Cauliflower
- Panko Crusted Baked Fried Green Tomatoes
Cheesy Cauliflower Gratin
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into florets, about 6 cups
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise I like Duke's or Blue Plate
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅔ cup panko bread crumbs
- sliced green onions for garnish
- Steam cauliflower until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine your cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dry mustard, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Add the steamed cauliflower florets and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes or until brown on top and heated through. Cover with foil it the top begins to get too brown.
- Garnish with slice green onions if desired.
You can also find great recipes here or Weekend Potluck