Cheesy Cauliflower Gratin – This cheesy comfort food recipe has cauliflower as the base instead of pasta or rice. It’s a tasty way to add more vegetables to your diet.
Do you love to cook? Join the Southern Food Challenge!
This easy recipe makes a great side dish for any main. Tender steamed cauliflower is baked with cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and spices.
This cauliflower casserole is one of my go-to recipes. It’s great for potlucks, holiday dinners, weeknight dinners, and more! Furthermore, it’s lower in carbs than most casseroles and gluten-free.
You can add more vegetables by stirring in steamed broccoli or carrots. As well, you can add bacon.
If you arent’ looking for Keto-friendly, try topping this casserole with crushed butter crackers or potato chips. You can also top it with more cheese. Because there’s no such thing as too much cheese!
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY CAULIFLOWER GRATIN
- Cauliflower cut in small florets.
- Cream cheese I don’t recommend a low-fat version.
- Mayonnaise adds richness and flavor.
- Spices. salt, pepper, red pepper, dry mustard add flavor.
- Cheddar Cheese. You can use whatever cheese you have on hand or your favorite.
PREP THE OVEN AND STEAM
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and place a rack in the center of the oven.
- Add a steamer basket to a large pot filled 1/3 with water. Add the cauliflower to the basket and bring the water to a boil.
- Steam the cauliflower florets until they are fork-tender 10-15 minutes.
MAKE THE SAUCE
While the cauliflower is steam, make the sauce.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, mayo, cheese, salt, pepper, red pepper, dry mustard, garlic, and cheddar.
- Mix until combined
PUT CHEESY CAULIFLOWER GRATIN TOGETHER AND BAKE
- Once the cauliflower is steamed add it to the cream cheese mixture above.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour into your prepared 9×13-inch pan.
- Top with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and hot throughout.
MORE RECIPES TO ENJOY
- Creamy Parmesan Cauliflower
- Bang Bang Baked Cauliflower Bites
- Baked General Tso’s Cauliflower
- Keto Broccoli Casserole
- Scalloped Mascarpone Cauliflower
- Panko Crusted Baked Fried Green Tomatoes
Cheesy Cauliflower Gratin
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into florets, about 6 cups
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise I like Duke's or Blue Plate
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ⅔ cup panko bread crumbs
- sliced green onions for garnish
- Steam cauliflower until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine your cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dry mustard, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Add the steamed cauliflower florets and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes or until brown on top and heated through. Cover with foil it the top begins to get too brown.
- Garnish with slice green onions if desired.