O’Charley’s Caramel Pie Recipe is a really easy yet decadent and delicious dessert! Buttery graham cracker crust and thick rich caramel, dulce de leche, is topped with whipped cream and chocolate.
Have you ever had O’Charley’s Ooey Gooey Caramel Pie? It’s so good. I used to get a piece for dessert every time. But I enjoy it so much I had to figure out how to make it myself.
It couldn’t be easier!
O’CHARLEY’S CARAMEL PIE RECIPE
So this recipe has only three ingredients.
- Dulce de leche
- Pie crust
- Cool Whip
You have options of making each ingredient from scratch or you can use convenience products for a crazy easy pie!
DULCE DE LECHE
You can purchase dulce de leche here or at your grocery store (You need 3 cans.). Alternately, you can make it from scratch with sweetened condensed milk which is very easy. It takes a while but it’s mostly hands-off time.
- Slow Cooker Method: Place a can of sweetened condensed milk in your slow cooker. Don’t open the can. Pour hot water into the slow cooker so that it’s about two inches above the can. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. (It really cooks better on low so don’t try to speed the process.)
After 8 hours remove the can from the slow cooker using tongs and immediately submerge it in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. (Don’t skip this step, opening the can too early can be dangerous as steam has built up in the can. As well, the sauce will be very hot.)
If your slow cooker is large, you can cook two cans at the same time. The cooking time will be the same as for one can. If you’re not using the entire can of dulce de leche, store it in a plastic can or jar with a lid.
- Stove Top/Oven/Instant Pot: Get all the tips and techniques for making homemade dulce de leche on the stove, oven, or instant pot. These options take are quicker. However, it does require you to keep a close eye on it.
Again you can purchase or make the pie crust. I prefer a graham cracker pie crust for this recipe.
- Graham Cracker Pie Crusts are super simple to make. Here’s my recipe.
- You can purchase a 9-inch graham cracker pie crust here.
MORE TO LOVE
- Caramel Mudslide
- Sticky Toffee Date Cake
- Rice Pudding Recipe
- Old Fashioned Caramel Pie
- Caramel Cobbler
- Old-fashioned Caramel Pie
O'Charley's Caramel Pie Recipe
- 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
- 3 -13.4 ounce cans dulce de leche
- 6 ounces Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
- mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Pour all three of the cans of dulce de leche into graham cracker crust and smooth the top.
- Add the whipped cream in dollops over the top however you want to decorate it.
- Sprinkle chopped chocolate chips over the whipped cream. Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.