Beef Macaroni Goulash Soup is simple and hearty with budget-friendly ingredients. All of which makes it a staple in my house.
Oh, and did I mention it’s ready in about 30 minutes?! It totally is!
BEEF MACARONI GOULASH SOUP
This is a classic recipe that everyone should have in their repertoire. It’s easy to make and great for a crowd. Because of it’s similarities to spaghetti even kids like it…most kids anyway.
You can use any shape of pasta. Traditionally, elbow macaroni is used. However, I didn’t have elbow macaroni so I used what I had.
I’ve seen recipes for Goulash Soup with vegetables such as corn, peppers, even green beans, and carrots. However, my recipe for Beef Macaroni Goulash Soup is pretty straightforward with beef, macaroni, and tomato sauce. In my opinion, it’s vegetable soup when you add, well, vegetables.
If you’ve followed me for very long, you may remember I shared Old-Fashioned Goulash a while back. That recipe and this recipe are very similar. However, Beef Macaroni Goulash Soup has more broth and is soupier. Plus, there’s also no cheese in this version.
While you’re here, check out these soup recipes
- Pasta Meatball Soup Recipe
- Skinny Turkey Meatball Tortellini Soup
- Beefy Tomato Soup Recipe
- Chicken Pot Pie Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Healthy Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken Soup
- Hash Brown Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- These bowls are fun and festive
- I adore soup crocks with handles
- Add a little elegance
- Beautiful ladle
- If rustic is more your style
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but I have endeavored to be as accurate as possible.
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with 5 STARS. Thanks!
Beef Macaroni Goulash Soup
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef I used 80/20
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 14.5 ounces tomatoes diced
- 29 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 medium bay leaves
- 2 cups elbow macaroni uncooked
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Season your hamburger meat with salt and pepper.
- Add hamburger meat, onion, and garlic. Cook until beef is no longer pink and the onion is soft and translucent.
- Drain off excess fat, if needed.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni and continue simmering until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed and enjoy!
- Remove the bay leaves from the pot and serve.