Stovetop Chicken Souvlaki is a delightful Mediterranean dish bursting with flavors. The combination of tender chicken, fresh oregano, garlic, lemon zest, and a mix of spices creates a mouthwatering taste experience.
I have encluded both stovetop and grilled cooking methods in the recipe card below for you.
Of course, garlic is the most popular seasoning for almost any protein with good reason. Garlic infuses the chicken with a savory depth but don’t overlook other spices and seasonings that add flavor. In this recipe cumin and cayenne pepper provide a subtle warmth and complexity that compliments the garlic.
Cracked black pepper rounds out the flavors with a hint of spiciness. Of course, salt enhances all the other elements, bringing everything together and making this chicken souvlaki good served by itself, in a wrap, or on a salad.
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- fresh oregano minced
- garlic, minced
- olive oil or avocado oil
- Zest and juice from 1 large lemon
- ground cayenne pepper
- freshly cracked black pepper
What’s great about this dish is how quick and easy it is to make. You can choose between stovetop or grilling, depending on your preference and available equipment.
The preparation involves a simple marinade where you mix the ingredients and let the chicken soak up those wonderful flavors. Once marinated, cooking is a breeze, resulting in juicy, flavorful chicken that can be enjoyed as a main course or in a naan wrap with your favorite toppings like cucumber, tomato, and tzatziki sauce.
This Stovetop Chicken Souvlaki is a perfect option for a speedy and satisfying meal with a taste that transports you to the sunny shores of the Mediterranean.
Stovetop Chicken Souvlaki
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 pound chicken breasts boneless skinless, or thighs
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 large Zest and juice from lemon about ¼ cup juice 1 teaspoon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Add all the ingredients except the chicken to a bowl with a lid or a large ziptop bag.
- Cut the chicken into 2-inch cubes.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, cover, and refrigerate from 2 to 12 hours.
- For grilling: Preheat the grill to 400-425. Add the chicken to skewers and cook rotating until done.
- For stovetop: Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan on medium-high. Add the chicken, toss, and cook until cooked through.
- Serve hot with pita or naan.