These delicious Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers make a perfectly balanced meal of beef, rice, and vegetables. Using a pressure cooking to speed the process, this recipe can be on your table in 45 minutes.
I don’t usually cave to new kitchen gadgets and fads. That’s why I’m new to the Instant Pot game. I’m not usually into ricers, and steamers, and such. And, I didn’t see the need for an instant pot.
Consequently, that all changed when I went to a blog retreat and got to experience first hand how quick and easy an Instant Pot is to use. As well, can I just say how incredibly fun blog retreats are! Take a minute to meet my blogger friends. Here are some of their Instant Pot pressure cooker and other recipes to try.
- Instant Pot Beef Barbacoda Tacos from Christy
- Instant Pot Stuffed Cabbage Soup from Stacey
- Instant Pot Cubed Steak and Gravy from Brandi
- Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore from Liz
- Instant Pot Butter Beef from Leah
- 20 Instant Pot Dinners from Melissa
- and for dessert let’s have Fluffy’s Salted Oreo Bars from Ashley
If you’re late to the game as well, an Instant Pot is a brand of Pressure Cooker. It’s been redesigned, revamped, and updated for the new millennium. And, it pressure cooks recipes in a fraction of the time of stovetop or oven cooking.
Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers is a super simple first recipe to make if you are new to Instant Pot cooking too!
Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers
- The stuffing is mixed together in a bowl then stuffed in the peppers and placed in the pressure cooker. From there, the Instant Pot does all the work. In less than 30 minutes, Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers will be ready to serve your family.
- A couple tips, I prefer a lean ground beef for this recipe so that the bottom isn’t swimming in fat. Ground turkey would be wonderful too.
- I’m not particularly fond of green bell peppers. Use what you have on hand or what you enjoy the most. As you can see, I used red, yellow, and orange peppers. (This recipe makes 5 stuffed peppers.)
- Additionally, I used brown boil-in-a-bag rice, but you can use white rice. It does need to be the quick-cooking boil-in-a-bag kind.
Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers
Yield 4 servings
Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers make a delicious balanced meal of beef, rice, and vegetables. An Instant Pot pressure cooker speeds the cooking process, making getting on the table quicker and more stress-free.
- 5 bell peppers, any color
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 boil-in-bag white or brown rice, uncooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- dried or fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Slice the top off the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Dice the tops that you cut off and mix with onion, tomato, ground beef, egg, rice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, and 1 cup shredded cheese
- Stuff the peppers with the meat mixture
- Pour 1/2 cup tomato sauce and 1/2 cup water in the bottom of a 6 quart Instant Pot.
- Place a trivet in the Instant Pot and sit the stuffed peppers on the trivet
- Lock the Instant Pot Lid and make sure it is turned to 'sealing'
- Cook on high pressure for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally
- Open the lid and pour remaining tomato sauce on top of the peppers followed by the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Close the lid and allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve the peppers with the tomato liquid in the bottom of the cooker
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.