This Tiramisu with Pound Cake is a rich and elegant dessert. It has bold flavors of coffee and amaretto to warm you up in winter.
I took the classic Italian tiramisu dessert revamped it the Southern way. My version has layers of a
The creamy layer is super creamy, velvety and delicious! It’s made with
Instead of ladyfingers, I used pound cake slices for the cake layer. If you are not familiar with my pound cakes, I have a series of Pound Cakes that I have reviewed. You can find them here. I used my Sour Cream Pound Cake cut into 1-inch slices. This is a great way to use pound cake that may have dried out a little.
Tiramisu with Pound Cake
- You can use any ‘plain’ pound cake recipe for this recipe. Of course, you could also purchase a pound cake, but they are never as good to me.
- I used
cream cheesefor the middle layer. I wanted something that most everyone would have on hand. You can use traditional ricotta.
- However, I did make the whipped cream of the top. *You can use store-bought ‘Cool Whip’. To make Whipped Cream, in the bowl of an electric mixer, add 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream, 2 tablespoons sugar (honey or maple syrup), and ½ teaspoon vanilla. Pour heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla into the cold bowl and whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 1 minute. Do not overbeat!
- The first time I made this, I was hesitant to use one cup of the coffee mixture. To get that nice flavor, you really need to use the entire amount to saturate the cake layers.
- I used a potato peeler to shave the chocolate. **A small chocolate Hershey bar is enough to decorate the top of your Tiramisu.
Tiramisu with Pound Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 16- ounce pound cake cut into about 1-inch slices
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoon amaretto*
- 3 cups whipped cream*
- 1/4 cup chocolate** shaved
- In a small bowl, mix together the coffee and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese, remaining sugar, and amaretto. Fold in 1 cup whipped cream.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, place one layer of pound cake slices on the bottom. Cut the pieces to make them fit as needed. Brush or spoon over 1/2 of the coffee mixture as evenly as possible.
- Top with 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers with pound cake, coffee mixture, and cream cheese mixture.
- Top the last cream cheese layer with the rest of the whipped cream mixture.
- Grate chocolate over the top.
- Cover and chill 12 to 24 hours before serving.
Also, you can find all my great recipes at my recipe index