Buttery and tender, Tiramisu Pound Cake Recipe is a pound cake flavored with espresso and rum. It’s a twist on two classic recipes, but even more delicious.
TIRAMISU POUND CAKE RECIPE
I replicated the classic flavors in a Tiramisu Dessert in this traditional pound cake. The result is phenomenal! It’s a tender and buttery pound cake with coffee and rum flavors. Rich multi-layers of flavors.
This has quickly become one of my favorite pound cakes! However, I have a lot to choose from! If you’ve been a reader for a while now, you already know that I have a Pound Cake Series. I have the basic, old-fashioned recipes and I’ve developed some pound cakes with unconventional flavors.
In addition, pound cakes are sturdy cakes that travel and transport well. For these reasons, they make great desserts for potlucks and parties! You can serve a Pound Cake Bar with various toppings and everyone will be happy!
I have made a lot of pound cakes and I want you to be successful in making them too. Check out this post of tips, Bake the Perfect Pound Cake, read it before making this or any pound cake.
Additionally, you really need to calibrate your oven at least once a year. I wrote this easy to follow post, How to Calibrate your Oven, that you can use.
Finally, learn how to correctly measure flour! The recommended technique is the ‘Spoon & Level’ method.
Do not scoop the flour out of the container with your measuring cup and rake the excess off with your finger! Measuring like this you could end up with 150% more flour that is called for. Instead, sift the flour first. Next, using a spoon, scoop the flour into the measuring cup. Do not pack the flour down and do not tap the measuring cup. Doing either will cause the flour to settle in the cup. Rather, after you’ve spooned the flour into the measuring cup, use the back of a knife to level off the top of the measuring cup.
SHOP THIS POST
Most importantly, keep an eye on your cake and start watching it closely after 60 minutes the first time you bake it. Note exactly what you used and how long you baked it for future reference.
I hope you enjoy this easy Pound Cake as well! If you make it, don’t forget to leave a 5-star rating in the comments!
Tiramisu Pound Cake Recipe
- Cream butter until fluffy. Scrape sides of the bowl
- Add sugar to butter and mix until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs to the mixture, one at a time. Wait until one is combined in the mixture before adding the next egg. Scrape sides of the bowl.
- Add soda to buttermilk. Stir
- Add salt to the flour and sift.
- Remove 1 cup of the batter and add ¼ cup espresso powder to it. Stir.
- Remove 1 more cup of the plain batter and add ¼ cup cocoa powder and rum to it. Stir.
- Spoon half of the plain batter into prepared tube pan. Top with the 1 cup espresso batter. Then top with the 1 cup of cocoa powder batter. Finally, spoon in the remaining plain batter and smooth the top.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 80 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the thickest part of the cake comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Cool cake in cake pan on wire rack for 20 minutes.
- With a thin knife, loosen cake from pan. Invert on serving platter and cool. Serve warm or room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream